Texas-Austin

Restaurant Venues?

Hi ladies! In an effort to try to save money, I'm thinking about having my wedding at a restaurant (rather than having to pay for a venue and rentals on top of the food). I realize this might backfire and actually cost more (especially with the costs of alcohol), but I'd like to look into it nonetheless. Can y'all recommend or think of any places that are big enough for about 80-100 people? I'd prefer places that can accommodate both a ceremony and a reception, are decorated such that I won't have to pay much for decor, and have sufficient parking. I'm looking mostly at the central Austin area or anyplace that's less than about a 15- or 20-minute driving distance from downtown. What do y'all think?

Re: Restaurant Venues?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't look into it, but I hear that Shoreline Grill is perfect for restaurant venues for weddings. They have a beautiful outdoor area for the ceremony and the food is amazing. Not sure how many they can accommodate.You may also try Green Pastures - I've been to a couple weddings there and again, great food, lots of space, really nice. Not sure on the cost.Good luck!
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Oasis also does weddings, the food is kind of...meh...but the view and decor are really great.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who got married at Shoreline and they were very pleased with the venue. It happens to be our special valentines dinner spot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Shoreline can accomidate your size. They do pretty much everything you need for a wedding. You can also bring in additional items if you want for rentals. Their outdoor ceremony space is beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    Hill Country Pasta House in Lakeway has a party space, and the food is awesome. I don't have any concept of how much they charge, but here's the link the website, and there's a phone number you can call for more info. [url]http://www.hillcountrypasta.com/pavilion.htm[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Shoreline... It's downtown, right on Town Lake, can fit up to 150 w/ a dancefloor inside (more if you want to seat people outside).  The prices were very reasonable too. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards