Wedding Party

Where did the "can I let go of a bm" go?

I spent a lot of time on my response and I didn't think anyone was mean to her. OP, please come back and tell me why you felt it necessary to delete. Did you realize you were being silly or are you going to ignore all the advice?
My Grandparents on their wedding day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bio
Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.

Re: Where did the "can I let go of a bm" go?

• She's gone too? That's like the 3rd one in the past 2 days! Is it me, or have they all stopped fighting the advice and just DD instead of responding now? If that's true, its kind of sad, considering that it does seem like everybody's been getting "nicer" with giving advice lately.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • The Knot's "no posting a DD" rule sucks. If people don't want their information reposted, then they shouldn't post it in the first place. Once you put something on the Internet, it's out there for good, no matter how many times you delete it.
  • I keep thinking these DDs keep boiling down to they come looking for us to say exactly what they want to hear ("Yes, it IS ok to kick somebody out for not making every decision in their life based around your wedding and wedding-related things"), they don't get that, and this is the closest they can get to throwing a hissy fit online.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • But they used to actually throw hissy fits online. Does anyone here remember the great lyssy meltdown of 2008? I think she wrote something like 8 posts on P&E in 2 hours ranting on everyone in the worst spelling I've ever seen.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Anyone remember the screen name of the girl who just DD? And who has a shower 3 hours away?
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • The Lyssy Meltdown? Clearly, this happened in my "inactive" period on TK. I haven't seen many all-out hissies. Usually they give up and go back to their club board when they've had enough.

• blackfire--I was once invited to a baby shower 3 hours away from the city where both I, all the guests, and the mommy-to-be lived. Her SIL refused to make the drive to where an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman lived to host it. I didn't go. My BMs were all OOT and couldn't come to my shower for the same reason--adding in the driving time and you're talking an 8 hour day.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Stage, I could always invent something to throw a hissy over, I've definitely witnessed enough BSC to muster up some MUD. Will that make you feel better? Lol.

• P.S.: is it totally wrong that I was thinking "If my OWN shower was 3 hours away, I wouldn't want to go?".

• Ziti-Sorry I can't help. I'm assuming this was the one with the title like "Can I ask a BM to step down?" (Cuz you know, we don't get a lot of THOSE around here) This one literally dissapeared before my eyes. It was there, I jumped onto another thread and IT WAS GONE! I didn't even get to see what this one was about either! ~pouts~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards