Texas-Austin
Options

Song Selections

Ladies,I'm trying to come up with our song selections and want to hear what you're planning or what songs you used. What were your choices for:CeremonySeating of the familyBridal party processionalRecessionalReceptionEntranceCake cuttingBouquet tossGarter tossLast songThanks for your ideas!

Re: Song Selections

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Garter toss..Foxy Lady Cake Cutting..Adam Sandler's song from the wedding singer when he was on the plane..it was awesome. Bouquet Toss..Cyndi Lauper's Girls just wanna have fun Last Song..Wedding Song by Bob Dylan Ceremony..I chose songs played on the violin to include Canon in D (wonderful) HTH!! Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am at work right now and Weebly is blocked, but I have a few ideas in my bio. A few I can think of off the top of my head... Entrance- All depends on your personal music style... I'd say just pick a fun song that you and FI both like. If your reception is about to be a party, play something to set the mood. That being said, I've seen "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" by Black Eyed Peas talked about a lot on other boards, haha. This is the one I have the least suggestions on because I haven't figured it out at all! Cake Cutting- "Sugar, Sugar", "Love and Marriage" Frank Sinatra, "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch" The Temptations, "How Sweet It Is" James Taylor Bouquet Toss- "Single Ladies" Beyonce, "Kiss" Prince, "Bad Girls" Donna Summer, "Girls Girls Girls" Motley Crue, "Sex and the City Theme Song"  Garter Toss- "You Shook Me All Night Long" AC/DC, "Bust a Move" Young MC, "Brass Monkey" Beastie Boys Last Song- "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love", "Wedding Song" by Bob Dylan, "Isn't She Lovely" By Stevie Wonder
  • Options
    meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still working on my music and it's probably the most difficult thing I've had to do so far.CeremonySeating of the family - "Dawn" from Pride and Prejudice Soundtrack, and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Israel Kamakawiwo'oleBridal party processional - "Nothing Else Matters" Apocalyptica for the bridesmaids and I will walk to "Something" by the Vitamin String Quartet Recessional - "Bittersweet Symphony"(instrumental)ReceptionEntrance - "I Gotta Feelin" Black Eyed PeasCake cutting - no idea yetBouquet toss - Probably "Single Ladies"Garter toss - not having oneLast song - no idea!
  • Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CeremonySeating of the family - Billy Breathes - Vitamin String Quartet (Phish cover). I think. Bridal party processional - #34 - Dave Matthews Band. I will walk in to Canon in D. (yes, I know we're musically all over the place!)Recessional - Dance Tonight - Paul McCartneyReception>Entrance - Friday, I'm In LoveCake cutting - no ideaBouquet toss - n/aGarter toss - n/aLast song - didn't realize I had to think of one. Whatever the DJ picks is fine with me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CeremonySeating of the family - "Largo," HandelBridal party processional - "Air," J.S. Bach(My processional was "Canon in D")Recessional - "God Only Knows," Beach BoysReceptionEntrance - We went straight into our first dance, so the DJ faded out whatever was playing when we were introduced and then faded in our songCake cutting - "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch," Four TopsBouquet toss - didn't do but I would've done "SINGLE LADIES" FOR SURE!!!Garter toss - didn't doLast song - "I've Had the Time of My Life" (before Patrick Swayze died... I am glad we did this)
  • Options
    jsauer74jsauer74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our entrance at the reception, we are playing "How Sweet it Is" by Marvin Gaye...Love it!!! I have a year to go, so this is the only one I've got. I really like the idea of "Sugar Pie; Honey Bunch" for the cake cutting.Have fun planning!  =)
    Jen Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards