Ohio-Northeast

NWR: New to Cleveland

Hey Ladies, I'm fairly new to the Cleveland area and am looking to get involved and make new friends!  It's pretty tough to do at this stage of life :(  We live on the West Side.... if anyone else is in the same boat and/or just looking to make some new friends, let's meet up!  I'd be into joining a book club too.  I am usually on the Cincy board...that's where we're getting married.I hate that this feels like a personal ad, but if there are any GTG's please keep me in the loop!hollsmv at msn.comThanks!

Re: NWR: New to Cleveland

• KayH23KayH23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to Cleveland :) I am near Akron, but you are on the right side of town - some great restaurants and shopping there! If you haven't been, definitely check out Crocker Park in Westlake (makes for a fun date night!!) Good luck with the wedding plans!!
  • alithebull1alithebull1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live on the west side as well.  Not sure where to tell you to go to find new friends but welcome to the area.  Why did you move?
  • yesican220yesican220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! - I am in Medina. - And very jealous that you will be near 's a Trader Joes (in Crocker Park) and Joes Deli - (Rocky River - has really good, fresh food!). If you are outdoorsy - then you will enjoy the metroparks - tons of trails, beautiful scenery! Why are you guys moving - I assume either he is from here or someone has a job offer here?
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    West side is the best side ... haha. Hmm. I suck at making new friends too. I know FI (well, H by the time it happens, haha) and I will have to move out of state when he graduates and I'm not entirely looking forward to it. So I feel your pain.Depending where in the west side you live, you could hit up some bars and sports bars in Lakewood, or shop in Crocker Park or South Park in Strongsville. There's also the metroparks which are scattered about the county. If you drive out to Independence/Canal Fulton it might be nice for you and your FI to take a day trip on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, and the ski resorts are out that way too. My family used to live close to Lake Erie and it was fun to go out on the lake in the middle of winter, because if we have a really particularly cold winter the lake will freeze solid, it's pretty cool to see.
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. Im from the east side. Sometimes there are get-togethers for knotties. They're fun to attendFacebook is always a good way to find people too. You may know people in the area already without knowing it. oh, and Myspace too
  • hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the tips girls! We moved here because of my FI's job, and he grew up in Westlake. So far I really like it! i'm just used to having a lot of friends around, so that is the part to get used to. Slowly but surely... Please keep me in the loop on any get together! I'd love to attend.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I grew up in Westlake too- and went to college in Cincy!  There is lots to do on the west side, but where to meet friends I have no clue!  I usually meet new friends at work, other than that I am blessed to have the same friends from my school days.  Are you in school, working? 
  • Ange1023Ange1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to Cleveland. A good way to meet new people is through meetup.com. This website hosts groups and clubs and you can search by the Cleveland area. I've joined a book club and a wine club through meetup. Also if you like sports, check out clevelandplays.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards