Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

BBB Registry

I've had some people who are invited to my shower this weekend tell me that they weren't able to purchase anything from the list unless they ordered it online (?) because I registered online.  This doesn't make any sense to me.  Anyone registered solely online and had issues?

Re: BBB Registry

• Options
    I did.  It's because some items are only available online.  They should be able to find some things in the store, though.  I can't imagine your whole registry is only available online.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    I had all kinds of issues with mine. 75% was online only and another 15% or so was USA only. But we registered in store. In Canada. It blew.
  • Options
    Speaking of Target... I just printed out my a registry for a baby shower I'm going to tomorrow and almost everything is "Online Only".  There's like 2 items that are available in the store.  
  • Options
    kiki-I had the same problem with a Target wedding registry.  Most of it was only available online.  I don't think BB&B is as bad.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Yeah it's not because you registered online, it's just because a lot of items are only available online.  We've also had issues when shopping for BIL's gift with EVERYTHING saying "see associate."  They just redid/rebuilt several BBBs here in St. Louis, so nothing in the store is the same as it used to be. It sucks.  Sorry that is off topic. 
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I rarely plan far enough ahead with gifts to order online.  Unless I get it from Amazon, because I have Prime (free 2 day shipping).
  • Options
    See, the associate told my sister, for example, that *because* I registered online, almost everything was available only online.  The associate was clearly an idiot. 
  • Options
    Like the ppl said- its because a lot of items are only available online. Quite a bit of their products are like that. You will have better results if you actually just go into the store and use a scanner- that way you will know what is available for your guests to walk in and purchase. Frustrating, yes- but definitley worth the trip in.
  • Options
    Even if it is an online only item they should be able to go up to the registry counter and buy it in the store.  They will ship it to the store and call when it comes in for pickup.
  • Options
    Um, Chrissy?  She lives in Italy, so she couldn't register in person.  It wasn't a laziness thing.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards