California-Los Angeles

Where to buy candy?

Hello Ladies,For those of you that had a candy buffet, where did you buy your candy?Also, how did you figure out how many pounds to buy? We are having about 150 people at our wedding, how many pounds should I get?TIA!

Re: Where to buy candy?

• edited December 2011
    It really depends what kind of candy you want. As for myself we are NOT having a candy buffet, looked into it but FI said it was out of our budget :( Anyway knottie soonbemrsv mentioned once she got all her candy after the holiday 75% off at Target. I dont remember how many pounds she said she had but I think she spent less than $100 on candy which I think is an AWESOME deal! If I would done the candy I would of definitely go the route she did. Unless their was a specific candy I had to have and well maybe I'd pay it full price. Also, depending if you want to coordinate which I think most brides do, your wedding colors with the candy it will also determine the availability of the type and color of the candy. GL! HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want the candy to match your colors- the best site I have found is candy wharehouse: http://www.candywarehouse.com/?gclid=CLX5lp_smZ0CFRESawod8Qvp_QWe haven't decided if we want it to be our colours- or throw back candy from our child hood...like fun dips, and lemmon drops :)Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    We almost used Garvey Candy: http://www.garveycandy.com/ but found what we needed at Costco since we aren't having a candy buffet just some candy in with our favor. I remember Julybm having used Garvey Candy. I know their prices are great and there is a physical store in the south bay area I think. You can order online but you can save the shipping fee by going and you can see the candy for yourself.
  • julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Garey Candy and Nut is where you want to go. They are the largest distributor in California and stores like Candy Warehouse actually buy their candy from them. They are in Pico Rivera and they will let you walk around the entire warehouse and browse all of the candy. They were very helpful and there is plenty of staff. The prices were amazing. It's definitely worth driving over there.
  • ChadnKim42009ChadnKim42009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to recommend Garvey nuts and candy.. thats were we got ours and they have great prices and you can pick my color.. they have lots of options...
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need pink or green candy, I have a TON of it for sale in my bio.... The people at the Somis Nut House are awesome as well, and give volume discounts. They have a website if you don't live nearby. Pounds depends on how big your containers are. We bought pint containers from smart & final, but cellophane bags would use way more candy. a lot of people say 1/2 pound per person...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards