Attire & Accessories Forum

which shoes for the hem of dress??

For those of you brides who are wearing heels and changing into flats which shoe height are you getting your dress hemmed to?? I am considiering this but am not sure if I should use the flats or the 3 inch heels for my measurements????

Re: which shoes for the hem of dress??

• My seamstress actually talked me out of changing because of this. If you measure with the flats, your dress will be really short for the 3" heels. If you measure with the heels you'll be tripping (or holding up your dress) all night at the reception.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am wearing flats the entire night because I don't want what pp said to be an issue. The point of getting fitted is for the dress to fit you and to be the appropriate length.I really don't see the point in changing shoes. Nobody will see them under a full-length dress, so why not just go with whatever you're comfortable in for the entire wedding?
    Anniversary
  • I had every intention on wearing ballet slippers but the more I thought about it I have this awful habit of slouching. When Iwear heels I hold myself better, but I know that due to a knee injury a few years ago I could never wear 3 inch heels all night long, that why I was conisdering changing But I was thinking the same things as you both posted so I am hesitant about what direction to go....I need my shoes before the 24th of October because I am getting measured for my dress on that day
  • How about opting for kitten heels? They will still give you the reminder about your posture (which is the same reason I wore heels) and they won't be as high and uncomfortable as 3" heels.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My dress was a little short to begin with, so changing into flats at the reception was perfect for me. But if you can stand the heels all night I say go for it. Because then your dress won't drag.
  • I got very small heels for the ceremony and flip flops for the reception (outdoors, so can't wear heels, might sink in.)  I got coloriffics Lindsay shoes.  I think it's a 1/2" heel.  That shouldn't make a difference when changing.
  • i'm glad someone posted this..now i know what i need to get..thanks
  • I ordered platform flip flops to change into, but I actually managed my 4.5' heels all night - I have no idea how ...So hem your dress to your dress shoes and find tall replacement shoes. 
  • Thanks ladies!! I knew I could count on all of you to know what I should I do
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards