September 2013 Weddings

Wednesday!

Morning, Ladies. Thank you to everyone to participated in the poll yesterday -- I was really happy to see that people want to continue to participate here as well as the FB page. Because of the range of responses, I think I'd like to try something a little different, and just post a general thread each day. Feel free to post anything that is on your mind!

Yesterday I finished designing our Save the Dates and sent them to the printer for proofs. Can't wait to get them back. FI and I also started "pre-registering" -- we went through TK's registry checklist and determined where we want to register for get each item (BBB, C&B, Amazon). FI actually got kind of into it and I think he is excited to go register now. Yippee!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday!

• I'm looking forward to registering. I can't believe it's almost February!  I remember saying, I won't send STDs or register until Feb.  Now it's right here! I feel so behind, time is going WAY too fast now!

Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was home sick yesterday with a nasty cold.  I'm still not back to fighting form, but the show must go on!  I watched lots of wedding stuff on Netflix and it amazes me how these women just throw weddings together in a matter of weeks like it's nothing.  Ah Hollywood...
  • WR: Lots of exciting stuff going on! Our save the dates came last night - it's really starting to sink in that the wedding is coming, and FAST! We are almost done collecting addresses, so we'll likely be addressing the STDs this weekend and then sending them out early next week. We also got the contract from the photographer last night, so we'll be signing and sending the deposit tomorrow. Finally, I'm trying to coordinate a Saturday to go BM dress shopping, and it's looking like the first weekend in March.

NWR: Working on a huge project at work and getting over a nasty cold. Not nearly as exciting as WR :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in hyper wedding mode, having gone from casually looking at things to really blasting through over the past couple of weeks.  I eat, sleep and breathe weddings right now!  If it weren't for my son, I'd never get off the laptop lol.

We're going bridesmaids dress shopping on Saturday, and my dress *should* be at the shop when we get there so hopefully we'll get their dresses from the same shop (we're going to two) and we can try them all on together.  Kind of a mini-wedding preview ahhh!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am super pumped to have ordered our burlap table runners last night. I didn't want to DIY them myself mainly because I have dogs and didn't want to have to lay it out on the floor to cut and get hair on them. I am in super wedding mode now. I too am getting to the point where its coming together and I just want to work on the smaller decor details. I'm home from work today and tomorrow to prepare the house for my future fatherinlaw and his wife to stay with us this weekend. God help me. Wedding stuff has taken over the guest room so I have sooooo much to do!
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:c05d974d-7c3a-439a-b298-93626f69ef50Post:61d5c14d-c178-455d-8830-8a2ff50cee38">Re:Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super pumped to have <strong>ordered our burlap table runners last night. </strong>I didn't want to DIY them myself mainly because I have dogs and didn't want to have to lay it out on the floor to cut and get hair on them.
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Goofy, I ordered my burlap yesterday as well!  I ordered the bulk roll though - we have a dog, but he's not allowed upstairs and there's a huge open area in our master bedroom so I'll be up there snipping and sewing away lol.
  • I feel as thought I've gotten so much crossed off my list lately. FI says to me "Good, so you can finally stop obsessing?" Well excuse me for doing the research and stuff necessary to find us the best bang for our buck. Geez... Sometimes I wish I could just had it over to him and say, "Ok YOU DO IT!" hahaha.... Kinda late now, most things are done, but they have no clue!!

We got our invites ordered, His wedding band ordered. My wedding signer found us an organist. (Terrible of me but he's her friend, so it works out). 

We're going to a cupcake consult this weekend, even though I'm like 99% sure I'm making our cupcakes. I thought it would be a good idea to get a quote just incase.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's effing freezing here now.  I don't understand.  Yesterday was 60 degrees....today is pouring and snowing and tomorrow it is going to be 17.

Can I go on a pre wedding honeymoon?!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:c05d974d-7c3a-439a-b298-93626f69ef50Post:4e16fe66-ffa6-4d10-bc04-3383bfcb6a34">Re: Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's effing freezing here now.  I don't understand.  <strong>Yesterday was 60 degrees....today is pouring and snowing and tomorrow it is going to be 17.</strong> Can I go on a pre wedding honeymoon?!
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

Ellie, we got your 60 today, and tomorrow temps will plunge again.  Yeah, not looking forward to that.
  • I'm starting to get going on a lot of wedding stuff--I kind of stopped after Christmas.  I ordered my guestbook last night, we registered at our first store last week, we picked our bridesmaids dresses last week as well...

FI is being secretive about our honeymoon situation.  He likes the checklist on the Knot and last night, I went to look and see where we were at.  The list said "book honeymoon"...then later I come over and see FI on the Knot, looking at our checklist.  He says "oh, I just checked off a couple things...".  I then mention our honeymoon, as I feel we should start looking into that...and noticed he checked it off.  He denied checking it off and then said "maybe we aren't taking one."  I think he has something up his sleeve, because we have talked about it alot!
  • I just got finished strassing my wedding shoes. I'm getting ready to finish putting my table names together. I can't wait to see what I visioned come to life.
    Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards