Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I hate it when...

fi sleeps on his back because he snores like a grizzly bear...like right now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate it when...

• Options
    FI snores like crazy on his back, too.  I just push him until he rolls over.  I'm very angry when I get woken up.
  • Options
    Ugh. Mine does that too, and then complains when I kick him. Gah.
  • Options
    Yeah I get woken probably 5 times a night.. and if its not from snoring, its from grinding his teeth! eeek.
  • Options
    I just wake him up and say "honey, roll over on your side."  I don't feel bad because he never remembers in the morning anyway.
  • Options
    My H snored like a beast when we started dating. He had sleep apnea and had his tonsils removed. The snoring is 95% better. I used to have ear plugs and a noise maker and would still end up on the couch :) We are very sexy. He had a CPAP, I had ear plugs, the noise maker a mouth guard and sometimes a humidifier...
  • Options
    I just wake him up and say "honey, roll over on your side." haha- i'm not capable of being sweet at 2 am.. but you're right.. usually doesn't remember it anyway.
  • Options
    Walgreens sells industrial strength foam earplugs.... it's the best $10 you will ever spend.
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I end up getting up to sleep on the couch.  I'd make him do it, but since he works and pays all the bills and I...well...don't, I figure he needs the bed more than me.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I tried earplugs once and they were great, but didn't last. I have weird phobias about not hearing the smoke detector go off.
  • Options
    Marc used to snore horribly when we were first dating.  I remember one night I stayed over at his house - he was snoring like a wildebeest and I could not go to sleep.  I had a test super early in the morning and was trying so hard to fall asleep.  I kept kicking him but he wouldn't wake up.  I was so stressed I was almost in tears...haha.  I finally went to his couch.
  • Options
    Berry, I've had those moments too.  Like when he's still keeping me awake even with earplugs in and it just doesn't stop.  Now I just get up and go to the couch right away, but I used to get so stressed I'd be almost crying too.  Sometimes I sleep better on the couch than in our bed.I can't wait to have a king sized bed, and a guest room with a nice bed I can go to instead of the couch.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I somehow managed to find a man who doesn't snore. He does kick though...you win some you lose some.
  • Options
    You'll still hear the smoke detector... I can still hear when the little guy comes into the room in the middle of the night, even if he's not talking loudly. They block certain wavelengths more than others. High, shrill sounds like a smoke detector won't be blocked as much, but the deep, low sound of snoring is dramatically reduced. As a side note, I read that sleep deprivation not only makes you crazy, it also makes you fat. Your body is tired and since you're not sleeping to give it a rest, it demands more energy and to get that energy it craves sugary carbs.
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    people chew gum.  stop that shiit already.
  • Options
    Buddy's snoring was SO BAD I was afraid to sleep because he sounded like he was drowning sometimes.He got the nose surgery and now sometimes I'm afraid to sleep because I can't hear him making any noise!
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    When my husband snores I jab him in the side, errrr.... gently roll him over...
  • Options
    Ugh, FI loves to sleep on his back but often snores. And he also grinds his teeth. Sigh...
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards