Canada

New vendor review rule

Hi everyone,Just wanted to let know that the vendor review rules have changed. Basically, both positive and negative reviews are allowed. Negative reviews must be factual, free of profanity and character assassination. Positive reviews are welcome but advertising is still not (once in a while, we come across a vendor posing to be an extremely happy bride).Along with this, vendors are also allowed to respond to negative reviews to tell their side of the story. (The fact that vendors were not allowed on the boards and therefore did not have the chance to make a rebuttal to negative reviews was the main reasoning for the no vendor-bashing rule before.) Vendors may respond by emailing The Knot, who will review the response and post it if appropriate.You can read the full policy in the Knottie Library here:[url]http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62114745&forumid=414[/url]And please feel free to post your feedback on this rule! It was implemented after many requests from Knotties, and many other forums have a similar policy. I think that the ability to post reviews will be really helpful to all of us.Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: New vendor review rule

• edited December 2011
    I originally read this and thought: That's dumb, because vendor's wont have a chance to defend themselves.  But in the end, I think this is really helpful.  We basically review vendors all the time anyway, so this could be a good thing if controlled carefully by the fabulous mods that we have here ;)
  • edited December 2011
    So long as vendors are still not allowed to have accounts here (which looks to be the case),  I think this is a good idea.  If I'm considering using a vendor and another knottie had a bad experience with using them, I'd sure as heck like to hear what happened and why they would not recommend them.  I also like the idea of the vendor having an avenue to rebut those statements if it turns out that the knottie was just overreacting to a situation.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3plus2 - you're right, vendors are still not allowed to post under their own screenname or join the boards otherwise. From what I've seen on other boards, their responses get posted by the Knot staff under a name like "Vendor Response via The Knot" or something similar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards