Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Bride/Mother dance?

I have been entertaining the idea of doing a dance at my reception with my mother.  I will already be doing a dance with my father.  My mother and I are really close and I already have a special song picked out.  Would this be tacky?  Have any other brides thought about/done this?

Re: Bride/Mother dance?

• Options
    I don't get why it'd be tacky. It's a dance with a loved one. I'm sure nobody would find that offensive or tacky. "Tacky" means that something is tasteless or flashy/showy. Yes, I've seen brides dance with their mothers before. Everyone thought it was quite endearing. The only thing I personally dislike about special dances at a wedding is where there are a ton of them, and where guests have to sit through a bunch and have nothing to do except watch them. Maybe space our all your parent dances, or do them during the salad course so that guests don't just have to stare at you for 10 minutes. And pick shorter songs (like 3 minutes or under) or have the DJ cut them off. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a bride/groom and their parent dance to a whole song (DJ usually fades out after a minute or two).
  • Options
    Not tacky but please ask your mom before you do this as not all women are comfortable doing spotlight dances with their daughters and she may feel it takes away from your father daughter dance. But if you and your mom both like the idea it is not tacky. However you are getting up there in boring to guests special dances so make sure all the 4 songs are short
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards