Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

2 checks!

Yay!  I booked my caterer today!  We chose Have Smoke Will Travel and I also booked my DJ!Now if I could only get in the mood to look for a dress......

Re: 2 checks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay to 2 checks!!! Buying a dress was my favorite part of all of my planning. Do you have any types of dresses in mind?   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if its really 7 months... you should probably start looking for a dress asap but congrats on the checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking your caterer and DJ! GL with dress shopping- it was one of my favorite parts of planning. Depending on where you go and what you choose, I agree that you should really focus on that now. I got my dress from David's and it only took about 1 month to come in (which I know is rare), but some other ladies have had to wait 6 months+.
  • Options
    blush2422blush2422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been putting off the dress part becuase I've been "wanting to lose weight"  I have no idea what kind of dress I want... all the pics I've cut out have been completely different.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good checks!  :)Go try on dresses to get an idea of what you like and what is flattering...even if you go alone.  My dress took 6 months to come in and my veil took 7...you don't want to limit your options because of timing. 
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, great checks!  I bought my dress in early September and it won't be arriving until the end of April, same with my veil, so try to get motivated!  I agree, just go once and try on every style you suspect you might like to see what suits you and makes you excited in real life.  It might get a bit easier and more fun after that :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go look at dresses! My dress took 6 months to come in as well, so if you decide you want to order one, you may be cutting it close. I would have loved to have gone shopping on my own, but my mother would have killed me. So instead, I took her and one of my BMs to make things less stressful. I took the BM with the great sense of humor. I also wanted to lose weight before the wedding, but I didn't, besides which, they can take dresses in. Mine was taken in a lot (ordered in wrong size. Thanks store!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine took 8 months to come in.  And that was later than the original date that they quoted me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found a caterer!  Now get your butt out there and find a dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from David's.  It's an Oleg and they said it would take approx 4 months to come in....but it came in around 2.  However, I suffered a miscarriage in April (when I bougtht my dress I didn't know I was pregnant) so after I lost the baby I lost a ton of weight.  About 30 lbs to be exact.  David's ordered me a new dress in a smaller size with NO questions asked.  They were so amazing about it!  Also, if you find a dress on the floor you like you could always buy that one if they can't confirm a new one would be here on time.  I have 2 friends that bought from the floor and their dresses are perfect plus you can use their "layaway" option as well.Good luck and KUP with what you find!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards