Colorado-Denver

Recommendations? DJ and Photographer

Hi everybody. So I finally have my venue picked out...yay!! Now I'm starting to look into DJ's and Photographers. Being new to Colorado, I have no idea who is better than who! I was hoping you all could help me.  The wedding is going to be in the Highlands Ranch/Lone Tree area.  Anybody have any recommendations???? Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommendations? DJ and Photographer

• edited December 2011
    I recommend Real Photography, a lot of the girls use them and their work is fantastic! If I was getting married here I would book them in a heartbeat!Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Rene Tate, she is so wonderful. Very talented and affordable. You can cusotomize your wedding package, which really helped us stay on budget.www.renetatephotography.comWe're using FI's laptop and DJing ourselves, sorry no help there :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used an ipod for a DJ so no help there, but we loved our photographer! Lindsay Lack (google lindsayjphoto, her company is Lindsay J C Lack). She was really inexpensive, gives you complete printing rights (so you don't have to pay $10 a print!) and is incredibly talented/flexible/sweet. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Real Photography! Melissa Beck helped shoot our wedding with Real Photography and would recommend her as well.
  • masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Real Photography as well :)  I'm so excited!  Also depending on what your budget is Autumn Burke does beautiful work!  Though she is definitely more expensive.  She might have a'la carte packages though that are cheaper.  Both of these photographers have websites/blogs too.  I'm using A Music Plus for DJing.  I've heard good things about them through this board!  The only negative thing is that you technically might not meet your actual dj till the night of since they basically set you up with one of their many DJ's that they think fits what you envision (based on a long info sheet).  I think most girls have been happy with the result or have been accomodated when they request a particular DJ.Good luck!  This board is an excellent resource :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • natesdarlingnatesdarling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we loved Rennard Photography! they are very highly recommended!
  • kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Lindsay B Photography - I LOVE LOVE LOVE her.  She's got really great packages, but is mid to higher price range.  She's so talented, into very vibrant colors and is all around fun!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    i second Real Photography and John with A Music Plus.Reviews in bio! GL
  • Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Affinity for Music and they were AWESOME!  They were DH's favorite vendor by far.  They were super helpful coordinating the day of and our dance floor was packed all night.For photogs, I agree with PP about Lindsay B.. I didn't use her for my wedding (she was already booked) but I did do boudoir pics with her and she was great!  Lots of fun and very vibrant colors like PP said.  I blog stalk her all the time haha!Good Luck, let us know who you end up with :)
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer: Real Photography. PIB- they speak for themselves (: DJ- Affinity for Music- they were absolutely fantastic. A dream to work with.
  • Jenny82Jenny82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for A Music Plus and we've been real happy with All-Digital. They have a photography/video package that is a really great deal.
  • KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third fourth and fith REAL PHOTOGRAPHY! Nic and Tracy are fantastic to work with. a perfect mix of fun and professional. DJ, i can recommend that you NOT use Complete Music. They were horrible
  • edited December 2011
    Rene Tate photography! She is amazing!! We are using Steve Ehrhardt from premier Music. So far, no complaints!!
  • edited December 2011
    We did the music ourselves (laptop and iTunes) but we used Julie Harris Photography and can't say enough awesome things about her. She's got a fantastic, journalistic style and is super nice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emilynchrisemilynchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting the Venue...where is it? I am using Dawn Sparks for my photography, she is on the pricey side I think from the research I did, but she is so amazing I think its going to be worth every penny and I am so excited!!! I am hearing a lot of good stuff about A Music Plus so I am looking into them but I am not sure I like the part about not meeting the DJ until the night of. I have also heard great things about Bill Carson with A#1 Mobile DJ. Good luck :)
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i will seventh (or whatever we are on) real photography.  traci and nic are absolutely fabulous.one of my best friends is a pro DJ in houston so he is doing it for us, no recs there.
  • Cynth0104Cynth0104 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody for all of your recommendations! The reception is going to be at The Marriot at Park Meadows in Lone Tree.  I'm so excited...especially more today since it's exactly 1 year away!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards