Washington-Seattle

Mandatory Overtime Bites

So although the money is good, one of our accounts decided that they need all the reports run and sent before 1030. This means I have to wait for all of our drivers to return so that I can send all the information. Not sure how i got volunteered for the job. It really sucks. FI and I were going to look at a different venue tonight. Its in Snohomish and it closes at 8 so there is no way even if I left now I would make it. Kinda bummed! Maybe next Wednesday?I'm waiting for ONE driver. He won't return my calls. Getting a little irritated!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: Mandatory Overtime Bites

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo overtime.Do you at least get paid extra (like time and a half) for it?I say knot it up, just to keep yourself entertained.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I get paid salary but I'm lucky that I actually get paid overtime. It just sucks having to sit here and wait when I have plans. BUT the paycheck will be nice. I need money, weddings aren't cheap!
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks, but like you said, at least it'll be a good paycheck!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had mandatory overtime this last weekend - it was hell. I already had a weekend PACKED with stuff to do - they told me on Thursday that I had to put 8 hours in between Friday and Monday morning. I ended up working from 4am-4pm on Friday and then from 4am-8am on Sunday and 7pm-10pm Sunday night and then in at 5am on Monday. All that doesn't include the 45 minute each way commute. Monday I was exhausted and had to leave early for a Partylite party in Olympia (from Seattle!). The other person working on the project just needed to print out his 5 sheets plus 5 of mine. He didn't get it done!! So I came in to a panic situation on Tuesday... anyway..now I'm venting, sorry I'm sorry you have to work so late!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, they decided to tell me last week that I have to do this until otherwise notified. it really freaking sucks. I usually get off at 6 or before. Now it's really whenever. So now I have to make sure I ask to get off early on certain days. I never ask. So it sucks.OMG, your weekend sounds like it was hell!
  • edited December 2011
    so you don't know day to day what time you're getting home? That would make me nuts!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    nope. have no idea anymore. and i'm bad and have been getting to work early so even if i just have to stay a little late, i get a bunch of over time.
  • edited December 2011
    It's tiring and draining - but yay for money? I don't have the option of overtime at all and I can't find a part time job that will work with my regular job.What's the venue in Snohomish? If it's Victorian Manor, I have a TON of pics from our tour there. Yes, you'd want to get a feel for yourself but it could help.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mandatory overtime > being laid off
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    but still sucky!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible! I say keep getting in a bit early, though - maybe once they see how much they're paying for you to stay late all the time, they'll rethink it. At least the paychecks will be nice and you have internet access.
  • edited December 2011
    jennlin- you are completely correct. i am happy and thankful i have a job at all.well one of my friends/co-workers talked to my boss who told on this guy who is i guess supposed to stay late. So now I get a schedule of when I have to stay late, otherwise he does. I don't mind staying late, except when I have plans. AND, I hate when people don't answer their phones! (the driver wouldn't answer to tell me where the heck he was)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards