Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

PLEASE HELP -- The Braided Bun

I found this hairstyle in the Knot's "15 Fresh Hairstyles" and I would love to do it for my wedding. The link is http://weddings.theknot.com/Wedding-Pictures/21178/detailview.aspx?type=11&.aspx%3ftype=10&id=21178 I have already been to a hair trial and it was a disaster; I brought the picture to another salon and the stylist had no idea how to do the hairstyle.  I live in central jersey.  Is there anyway to find out how to do this hairstyle or get pictures of it from different angels?

Re: PLEASE HELP -- The Braided Bun

• ??? It simply looks like a loose french braid that was finished into a bun instead of being allowed to hang loose. Doesn't seem like that should be too difficult if your hair is really long. It might be a two-part French braid, though: Part 1 starting at the top and part two at the bottom, then the two parts braid together and then secured into a bun. Let us know how a 2nd trial turns out!
  • I'm a hair stylist so maybe I can help a little. Lets just say that she couldn't really see the picture well, this is how I would describe to someone how to do this updo. Its two separate french braids, one going back away from the face, and another directed upward from the nape. I would then tie or pin those at the point where they meet and let it fall out of the braid, then form a bun on top of where they meet. It shouldn't be too difficult, maybe try another stylist to see if they can see your vision too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards