DC
Options

Knock off's a no-no?

Hey guys...this has to be the weirdest post ever but I can't ask my friends opinions on this cause I don't want anyone at the wedding besides me and Daddy (and perhaps sister so she doesn't try to sabotage me) so I figured you ladies could help me out on this one.Since I was 6 (yes 6!) I've wanted to wear Manolo's to my wedding...well of course the ones I picked out are more than double the cost of my dress...however I found a site where I can get 2 pair (the blue AND the pink ones) for $200 (and just made a counter offer of $160 I'm cheap!) My question is, is this extraordinarilly tacky even if no one knows or should I just go with it?

Re: Knock off's a no-no?

• Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I meant to say I didn't want anyone to know but me and my dad haha not that I didn't want anyone at the wedding but us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say if you like the shoes, buy them - regardless of brand or price!  Have fun with teh shoes :)
  • Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So is that a yes to the knock offs or a no? I just can't see dropping $1000 on shoes! Regardless of what they are! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you want to wear knock off shoes for your wedding go for it! No one will notice and (even if they did) if they make you happy that's all that matters. If you're a smiley, glowing bride no one will be analyzing the label on your shoes. I got my shoes from "Off Broadway Shoes" and I'm sure someone thinks that's tacky or cheap. Whatever. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say yes to knock-offs.  It doesn't matter what brand they are - even knock-offs - as long as you like them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually bought my wedding Manolos before I had the gown!  They're the silver Sedaraby.  I liked them so much that I decided to buy the ebay knockoff in black.  Now, I don't know what to do with them, because I can't even wear them for more than 3 seconds as they hurt my feet.  I've always heard that there is a difference, and now I've experienced it.  However, I know brides still do opt for the knockoffs as I've seen a lot of wedding pics of similar to my Sedaraby in various color where the photographer does not show the lable.  Now, they could be the real thing, but photogs usually do include pics with the label.  Not that the label is a big thing, but in my experience, my feet felt the difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you like them wear whatever you want to!  Just one note of caution - if they are cheaply made they may hurt a lot.  But, padded insoles and moleskin should help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say get the knock off's! I wouldn't spend the money on the real ones when no one will know the difference (and if they're looking at your feet so much that they do then that's weird). You will have enough things to buy that are more important. Get them and enjoy them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards