California-Los Angeles
Options

I don't know what to do

Okay Ladies I am in such in a bind.So a while back ago I told you girls that I was going to change our date from Sat Sept. 18, 2010 to Fri. Oct 8, 2010So we decided to change it and now I'm having second thoughts about it. I really liked our date before and with this new date I sometimes get un-excited when I hear it out loud.then everytime I tell friends and family about the new date they always make this face and say ahh man that sucks. So I'm totally bummed. we would have already changed it back but I get second thoughts about it once I have to call vendors cause then that means they would have to change it back and I don't want to annoy them. So do you think I should change the date back since that is what Dh and I really want or should we leave it to not make vendors annoyed and mad?Here is what we have so farchurchvenueFlorist photogragherD.JMake-upHairnot very much, but I'd hate to call them a second timeSorry I'm venting. thank you ladies

Re: I don't know what to do

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember why you had to change your date so I'm not sure why October 8th sucks for you. However if you really want the first date that much then change it now while you can with your vendors before they get booked on that date. Just make it clear that you had doubts about the date but that you really want the September 18th. It's you and FI's day and if that is what will make you happy then do that. As long as the vendors are paid on time and are kept in the loop on the details that is what they care about the most.
  • Options
    Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to do whatever makes the two of you happy. We cancelled our original wedding, them almost moved it to another city, and then chose a new location here. The whole time our photographer stuck with us. I worried what everyone thought but I did not let that control the situation. If your vendors are all available, change it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want to change it back, do it now while you still have time. the longer you wait, the more likely you will be stuck with this new date, or will have to risk losing vendors, getting out of contracts, etc. so it will be much easier on you and your vendors to take care of it now.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's, if you want to change you date and will make you happier you should call your vendors ASAP and let them know this is the date you want and will not change it again. I changed my date like two times, but I had no vendors booked. GL
  • Options
    ChadnKim42009ChadnKim42009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its your wedding and you need to be happy... This will be your anniversary for the rest of your life.. So you need to be happy... your vendors work for you... and they will accomodate you if they are not booked for the day... Don't worry about annoying them its your day...
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean about liking your date, we chose 4-10-10 and even though the church & photographer I had wanted wasn't available, I was not willing to change the date because we liked it so much and we ended up finding a better church & photographer so things worked out. If we really like your original date then you should change it back, you don't want to end up regretting it later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How come you changed it in the first place? Did those reasons go away?
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems as though you changed the date for a reason, so I'm assuming there's a reason it shouldn't go back to September? If I were a vendor and my bride changed the date on me, I might worry that my bride might not go through with the wedding (therefore only making $ on the deposit). Just a thought. I would have married my husband on any date. You will be happy with any date that you choose. Funny story, every time we went to talk to travel agents, register, look for rings, DH always gave them the wrong date - sometimes even the wrong month. Kinda became a joke after a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why did you change it initially? I think its your day! If all the vendors you've booked are open sure why not?! DO IT! You are going to remember the day!
  • Options
    Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the reason I had originally changed my date is because my dad got sick and was in the hospital and I thought that he would be out of work for quit some time. When I had origanally changed our date I wanted to help my parents as much as possible and with having a sat. wedding that meant that we would have to pay for food and bev. min. so with changing it to a friday wedding that meant saving money to help my parents , but my dad has made a huge recovery and is back at work (with restriction) doing well. So we are again in a position to be able to save and have enough for the wedding. For the pp I totally understand that you would marry Dh any day and so would I , but the thing is we are already married and have been for 6 happy years and we have been waiting for this day for so long to do the church wedding and have a "big" celebration. So I feel like since we've been waiting for so long for this that we should at least be happy with our date and that means having it on a Sat then a Friday. Sorry for any spelling. I think faster than I type and I'm to lazy to proof read. Genie
  • Options
    Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OHHH and I forgot I totally got my dads blessing on changing it. He knows how much we have been waiting for this date and he said he was so greatfull for us to change it, but know that things are going back to normal he wants us to change it back. that's why I was in a dilema to call the vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear your Dad is doing much better. It's really your choice, an no one else. I think if the date is special and you want it for that day, DO IT! I say get on ur email and start sending them emails or call them tomorrow morning. Unless you think they'll pick up tonight. Hopefully your vendors still have the original date still open. You have about a yr depending on the date we are using I would think most if not all your vendors have the date open but I would make the changes ASAP! GL!
  • Options
    Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've written all my vendors and all but one has written me back so it looks like everyone still has it open. So we are just waiting for that one vendor to get back to me so I can change it forsure, but I'm really excited to get that date back. Thank you ladies all so much for giving me courage to contact the vendors. you girls are amazing   Genie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, if you have your heart set on a Saturday wedding and you have your father's blessing to switch it back, by all means...go for it. I really wanted to get married on a 13, so i found the first 13 that was a Saturday and that's my date! It also happens to be the 5th anniversary from the day I asked him to be my boyfriend. Yep, I proposed boyfriendhood over a schawarma plate at Carnival in Valley Village. mmmmm....shawarma. Sorry. Yes. I think you should change it back :) Vendors will understand. I totally would.
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, I'd forgotten that you were already married. You might as well be choosy then :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards