Florida-South Florida

Shoes--open toe or closed toe and shoe type

Quick poll...what is everyone doing on this front. My fiancee (it was actually pretty funny since he is not into this stuff) informed me that he thought open toed shoes would look dumb, lol. My friend did as well but then I think, this is Miami and they dont MAKE closed toe wedding shoes.Next question, height and comfort? Everything I have tried is not comfortable but I need a 3.5 inch heel for my dress. Any advice?Thanks.

Re: Shoes--open toe or closed toe and shoe type

• zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could go for a peep-toe which might look a little more formal. Try endless.com and zappos.com. There are lots of shoe sites out there! Just make sure you look at the return policy on them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mmm . . . I don't understand how open-toe shoes can look dumb . . ?  And, they do make close-toe wedding shoes.  Your shoe style should match the dress, I suppose.  Close-toe shoes are a little more formal than open-toe.  From experience, pumps with platform heels or stacked heel are more comfortable than a solid heel.  I think it's more common to get shoes with a satin finish to match the dress fabric, but there are brides that pick out leather and also bold colors to make a statement.  It's really all about your taste.  These are some shoe stores online you can look through:Endless.comPiperlime.comLorisshoes.com  (my favorite shoe store in the world)Shoes.comZappos.comGL
  • audradaromaaudradaroma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!! In hindsight my FI probably does not know the lingo. When I say open toed shoes he probably imagines flip flops or something. I like the idea of a peep toe...my dress is chiffon and sheath in the front with two long trains in the back.
  • tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i prefer open/peep toe shoes!
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Peep Toe! Height Are you used to wearing some kind of heel? My wedding shoes were taller than my usual, but they didn't bother me until the last 30 min. AFTER I said to myself.. "Funny, my feet don't hurt."
  • edited December 2011
    this is my shoe and its a 3.5 inch heel!
  • edited December 2011
    I think peep-toe are so (sp I thk) sexy. Im thinking blue shoes about 2 1/2 to 3in height.  you should feel comfy and be able to dance all nite.geri...
  • edited December 2011
    I think open toe are SO much prettier. I'm doing open toe sandal, about 4 inches. I am a bit worried about that height for 5-6 hours of being on my feet, but hoping the fun of it all will make the pain at the end of the night disappear! Also if you are used to that height, I think it will be easier (even if you are not used to being on your feet that long). If not, try to get used to it during the work day or when you go out. For comfort, my best bets have always been Stuart Weitzman or Cole Haan Air, both of which have wedding appropriate shoes. GL
  • edited December 2011
    peep toes :) PIB :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I am so not a girl. I am wearing white sneakers like from Father of the Bride. FI is cool with it but MOH thinks Im psycho. I cant wear heals. My toes always wind up killing me and ballet flats dont support my bad knee and back.
  • clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with strappy shoes, ~2 1/2" heel (I'm 5'10"). I bought from shoebuy.com. They were EXCELLENT. I found a coupon code online for 20%, got free shipping (and free return shipping if you don't like them), AND if you sign up for their newsletter, you get an additional 10% off that order and 10% off future orders! My $55 shoes became $39!
  • audradaromaaudradaroma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered three shoes from zappos...I will post reviews of each when I find them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards