Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Vintage E Ring Issue

I've posted this on other boards before, but I realized since this a vintage board someone else might have had this problem and found a solution.So I have a vintage style e ring.  Love it.  However, I can't find a wedding ring because the setting sits right on my finger.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?Everyone says I should just wear the e ring on my right hand and a wedding band on my left, but I really wanted a bridal set :([IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/30m7qsw.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/j8mw7o.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Vintage E Ring Issue

• Options
    WOW! What a gorgeous ring!  I don't know.  Maybe you can get a wedding ring customized to fit around the setting. Have you considered going back to the jeweler your FI bought the ring from?  Maybe they can offer some suggestions.  I totally understand your concern.  It would be nice to have a bridal set, but the cool thing about your ring is that it's so stylish and unique that it would not look odd to wear it on your right hand.
  • Options
    If you don't want to wear it on your right hand, the only thing i can think of is getting something customized.  Your ring is gorgeous though so no matter what you do it will look great.
  • Options
    My newest idea is to find a milgrain diamond band and have my e ring sized up and then have them sodiered together.  My E ring will sit up a litle higher by about 2mm, but then I will have a bridal set... Do you think that 2mm will make it look way too high up on my finger?
  • Options
    No.  I don't think so.  I'm glad you found a solution.  So, the wedding band will fit like underneath the square shape on your e-ring, right?
  • Options
    Yes, underneath the square part.  I realized though I will need two bands, one on either side because if I get just one, the ring will be incline or titled on my finger.
  • Options
    I see what you mean.  I'm sure that the final set will be gorgeous.  Kudos to your FI for picking out a fab ring.
  • Options
    I have no advice, but WOW. I adore your ring. Absolutely gorgeous!!
  • Options
    I have the same problem, as my ring was my grandma's.  Since I have some time, I've been keeping my eye out at antique stores in addition to looking at regular jewelry stores. Some stores have new styles that have a little dip in the middle that allows my e-ring to sit in there nice, but I am also looking for a possible sapphire-diamond band. I am checking some local stores soon who deal with estate jewelry as well as making an appt with a jeweler I met at a bridal show who custom makes rings. I do not want to solder them together, so if I don't find an antique band to fit, I will likely have one made. It was a shame, I found a vintage band at an antiques show, had the dip in it and everything. But it was a little too big and unfortunately had a design engraved that went all the way around, so sizing it down would have ruined it. Keep looking and GL!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Pirata- I have the same issue in that I don't want them soldered together, but when I talked to custom jewelers they estimated me $1200 just for a plain white gold band that would go around the bottom of the ring.  I feel really silly paying that much for a plain band, when I can get one with diamonds- but I have to get them soldered... since mine isn't an heirloom and actually is brand new, I don't feel terrible about soldering it.. but it wasn't my first choice.
  • Options
    Really?!?! That much?  Hmmm...Well I can't see your pics from work, I have to try to get on my laptop this weekend (no internet at home, grrr).  But I will try to look at it as soon as I can to see how it sits.  Do you think you need a band with a curve in it for it to sit right?  If so, look at some of the chain stores. I have tried on v-shaped and ones with a slight curve in it at Zales, Gordon's, Kay's etc. And the bands have ranged from a few hundred and up. But under $1,000.  Don't write it off yet, I don't know when your wedding is or what state you live in, but definitely look around for some jewelers who deal in estate jewelry or also antique shops.  You may find someting vintage that works. Also, I assume you have done this already, but did you check with the store where FI bought the ring?  They (or the maker) should have a matching band?
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Its actually classified as a right hand ring, so the jewelry store (Helzberg) we got it from does not have a matching band.  I saw it online and loved it and never actually thought about what the base would be like.. I just assumed a plain band would fit in with it, but I was wrong and by the time I realized it my FI had already purchased it.  Yeah, $1200.... the curved bands don't work because the square shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards