Just Engaged and Proposals

Just Engaged!

Thsi is my first post here, but I have been lurking around for awhile hoping I would get to post soon!! He asked me on 09/11, it is actually the day my parents got married. I knew that he was going to do it though because he told me he was going to pick up my ring that day, lol. He came home and handed me a bag and said here I got you something. I opened it up and there was a necklace in it. It was very pretty and I love it, but I was secretly bummed it was not a ring. He turned around and got a box out of his pocket and gave it to me and then asked me to marry him. I was so excited!!!! Ever since then I have been looking at wedding stuff non stop. It is taking over my brain lol. We already know where it will be and have worked out a lot of details. We have the reception/ceremont site, the invitations & have set up appts with all the other people. Maybe I am moving too fast since the wedding will not be until Nov 10, 2010. I don't care though because I am just so happy!!! Congrats to all the newly engaged people out there!!!

Re: Just Engaged!

• so you got a necklace AND a ring? niiice! congrats!
  • Congrats!! My fiance just proposed on 9/11 as well :) We were on a small vacation to Arizona (which is where I went to college) and he was going to ask me at the Grand Canyon but couldn't wait and did it as soon as we got there!We're planning for a May 2010 wedding and we go check out venues next weekend :) I am so excited, can't wait!!
  • Yeah I got a necklace and a ring and I love both!! I took my ring the next day to get sixed and I still don't have it back. I miss it & can't wait to wear it lol
  • Congrats!!Don't feel bad about moving too fast. My fiance proposed to me on 9/15, and planning has taken over my brain, too! I know the girls at work are getting sick of me talking about it, but there is another girl that will be getting married the month before me, so we talk about it a lot together.I've set mine for 11/6/10 as well! Congrats again, and happy planning! :)
  • I figure the more on top of things the better. If I haveeverything booked early then we can make payments all through-out the year so it doesn't seem like so much at one time.
  • Exactly! Personally, I am financing this all on my own. My family won't be able to help. (My sister got into a bad accident on valentines day... she was hit by an uninsured drunk driver. She's okay, but has LOTS of medical expenses.) I figure, the more I plan and decide on NOW, the less I'll have to stress about it later. I am also planning on buying a lot of the little things a bit at a time over the coming months, and making all of the DIY things I'm doing ahead of time, so that I won't have to worry about it when the time comes. Yay for thinking ahead! lol
  • Well that is good that she is okay. I am doing a lot of DIY too. My family is able to help some and my fiances mom has offered to pay for the whole thing but we want to contribute as much as we can ourselves. We are not going to have a major over the top wedding. It will be nice and simple and elegant. Planning ahead is a great thing!!
  • Congrats!We got engaged yesterday :) and I can't stop thinking about it either....
  • congrats!! i know i got engaged 9-3 and spend all my time lookin at wedding things even though i got a long way to go til we actually say "I Do" well i wish ya the best of luck and happiness!  
  • hey serena, will you remove your business link from your siggy? annie will have to ban you if you leave the link because you will be considered a vendor. if you remove the link and just post about wedding chit chat you will be fine. thanks!
  • I'm getting married the same day Brittany!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards