Ohio-Northeast
Options

Wedding cake

I am looking for a bakery that does wedding cakes for like $2.00-$2.50 per person. I know this is on the low side, but I would love suggestions if anyone has any!

Re: Wedding cake

• Options
    cprebulcprebul member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Baraona's Baking Co‎ in Cleveland.  They're this Italian bakery that gets amazing reviews.  Their prizes are reasonable.  Good luck!
  • Options
    jaimster85jaimster85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andeatittoo cakes....He was $2.50 when I booked him, I'm not sure about now! Very good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Cakes by Shari (www dot sharicakes dot com).  She does basic flavors for about that cost.  Her cakes taste amazing!!!!  And she'll do whatever you want as well.  Her website doesn't have a ton of wedding cakes, but it has a lot of really cool shaped cakes (purses, figures, sports stuff, etc.)  Email me for pics of mine... haven't gotten my bio together yet (caw30 at case dot edu). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where you are getting married, but we went through Kiedrowski's in Amherst/Lorain.  We had 5 tiers, each a different flavor, and since we couldn't find a picture of exactly what we wanted anywhere, we went in and sat down and each tossed out all the ideas we had and what we wanted.  Our cake was INCREDIBLE.Hopefully this works. :)http://www.facebook.com/arianna.holtwick?ref=profile#/photo.php?pid=36935875&id=20900252

*Arianna & Matthew*
    July 26, 2008- The Best Day of Our Lives

3 years married already??

Wedding "Highlight" Video from our Reception!
    Wedding Planning Bio!! My Married Bio!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are actually going with Giant Eagle.  I've never head anyone complain about their cake and we love it!  I'll warn you that some of their locations don't deliver, so you'll need someone to get it for you.  We're doing two rounds on different heights of cake stands on the cake table, then sheet cakes in the back.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Breads & Beyond Bakery (located in Parma). I don't know what their pricing is now, but we paid $1.75/slice for basic cake. Pic in bio. It was exactly what we wanted, and at a great price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AshleeB85AshleeB85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely try A Bit of New York located in Hinckley.  They charge $2.25 per person.  They are absolutely amazing.  The phone number is 330-225-2995.  This is where I will be getting my cake from.  If you are a member of facebook, search for Clementines.  It is located in Olmsted Falls. They have a few pictures on there of a few cakes they have done.  If you do not, let me know and I can email you a few pics.  They have many more pics that are not shown.  Let me know if you would like any more information!!  I promise you will not be disappointed!P.S. - I may be just a little bit biased because my FMIL owns this bakery - but really, they have AMAZING stuff for very reasonable prices!!  She also owns Clementines which is why I say look for them on facebook and you can see a few cakes.
  • Options
    rclark28rclark28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colozzas in Parma. $2.00  for "plain" flavors. $2.50 for speciality flavors. So good!
  • Options
    lcabarcalcabarca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becker's in fairview park they did our cake for a little bit over $2.00 a slice and it was amazing..they did a great job PIB of our cake
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our cake was from Mare's in Fairview Park...I highly recommend them; everyone raved about the cake.  I believe I have contact info in my married bio.  HTH
  • Options
    ng44ng44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I should have clarified I am east of Cleveland, Mentor area.  I actually went to a Bridal show and found Miss Molly's Cakes for 2.25 a slice!
  • Options
    heath04angelheath04angel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am also looking for a baker and may go with them but not sure yet but i know checkerboard cheesecake starts at $1.80 per slice! they are in alliance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tobewed09tobewed09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would stay away from Miss Molly's. I have heard some not very good reviews on her cakes from other knotties, personal friend's wedding and our wedding coordinator. We used Reider's Market in Concord and they were $2.25 a slice and the cake was fresh, not frozen! They did a good job decorating too. Also, we got the smallest 3 tiered wedding cake and ordered a cassata sheet cake put it in the fridge and cut it up when it came time, knowing the wedding cake alone wasn't going to be enough for the guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michael Angelos in Broadview can be as low at $2.00 a slice. I also second Shari cakes. She did our rehearsal dinner cake and it was awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards