Georgia-Savannah
Options

Small Wedding Venue Recommendations

Hi, My friend is moving to Georgia and wants to get married next year. She is planning to have a wedding of about 10-15 people. Do you know of anywhere that accomodates such small weddings?She wants to keep it under 5k.Thank you for your help

Re: Small Wedding Venue Recommendations

• Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just about any of the B&B's would be willing to host a small wedding like that.  I'm at work right now but at some point tonight or tomorrow, I will check my notes at home and get back to you, since this was the original way we wanted our wedding.  Off the top of my head, I know Vic's on the River has a private room that is for small parties but I know I have more info at home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you :)
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your friend can get a free Savannah wedding book with contact info for a few hundred vendors at SavannahVisit.com - that's where I found all of my vendors. As for small venues, she can try: Mulberry Inn Hamilton Turner Inn The Gastonian Azalea Inn Savannah Beach Inn Keep in mind that some of the Inns don't allow anyone under 12 due to the breakables/antiques and I also found a few that required you to rent out the entire inn for 2 nights in order to have your ceremony there. :-( She can also apply to have her ceremony at one of the public squares. And I met with Cyndy from Gazebo Weddings of Savannah - they have a screened-in gazebo on their property that holds 20 people and it would be an awesome site for a small wedding. It's a bit hard to find, though, and they don't have reception space that I know of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion of Forsyth park actually has a package designed for wedding of that size, and it's under $5,000. It's beautiful too, and across the street from the famous fountain where you can get some really awesome pictures. http://www.mansiononforsythpark.com/weddings/packages.asp Here's what the site says about this package: The Intimate Wedding This package is offered from $3,800 for the bride, groom and up to 10 guests. This price includes all service fees and taxes. Additional guests may be added for $75.00++ per person. One-night stay at the chic and elegant Mansion on Forsyth Park for the wedding couple Beautiful wedding ceremony in the Marble Garden Courtyard Exclusive wedding ceremony coordination Chapel-style ceremony setup Officiant to perform the wedding ceremony Delectable four-course dinner in our award-winning 700 Drayton Restaurant Champagne toast Maximum guest count (including bride and groom): 25 --------------------------------------------------------- And Jen (their wedding coordinator) is really awesome and helpful.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Forysth Park InnAny of the squaresThe Presidents InnTybee BeachShips of the Sea Museum
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, yeah. The Mighty 8th Air Force Museum has a beautiful chaple and gardens.  A friend of mine had her wedding there and it was amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Jekyll Island Club hotel has an all-inclusive elopement package for up to 12 people for $3,150 plus $57 per guest.http://www.jekyllclub.com/weddings.asp?id=52Their next-largest package is for 15-30 people at $4,995 plus $89 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards