Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Reception Location suggestions for a budget bride?

Hey ladies! J and I are going to be getting married next winter in Grand Rapids (maybe Jan '11? haven't set a date yet) but neither of us is currently living there. I've been doing a lot of research online looking for locations, and since we're on something of slim budget, I was hoping you could give me some recommendations of what you've seen! Ideally we'd love to find something within 30 minutes of NE Grand Rapids (we're probably getting married at the chapel on Calvin College's campus), suitable for a winter wedding reception, seating for 200, linens provided (this isn't the biggest demand), ideally a location that would allow us to bring in our OWN caterer/food since we want a Soup and Sandwich reception. I haven't set down our whole budget yet, but according to the auto-budget-er on the Knot main page, I'm hoping to find something in the US$800-1000 range. What do you think? Anyone seen anything like that out there? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Re: Reception Location suggestions for a budget bride?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Calvin has nice place right across the beltline from the chapel called the Prince Conference Center.  Have you looked there?  I have no idea what their rules are except that you cannot serve alcohol as it is on Calvin's dry campus.  My FSIL had her wedding there and it was nice. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's kind of our 'fallback' option, because 1) it's more expensive than we really want and 2) they don't allow outside caterers, and we're not thrilled about any of their menu choices (plus their catering is ALSO outside our budget).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    have you thought of a KofC or American legion?  Those are always options!
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help. :) I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards