Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Your most ridiculous wedding nightmare?

When something important is coming, at night my brain plays out all the things that could go wrong. But it's not always very predictable...I thought it would be fun to confess our nightmares.In my dream last night, we were out at the same time as the Columbus Day Parade, attracting unwanted attention, dressed but no hair/makeup yet, late, getting mud on ourselves, and I was carrying a bouquet of asparagus.your turn!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Your most ridiculous wedding nightmare?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked this up, for extra fun: To dream of asparagus, signifies prosperous surroundings and obedience from servants and children.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only had a couple of wedding nightmares (thankfully), but the worst one was that we were running late for the wedding but none of my projects were done, I had no hair and makeup done, no flowers, and everyone was just shoving me out the door and telling me to get going. My dad wasn't there, the bridesmaids dresses didn't fit, and we weren't even at the church, we were at a really crappy hotel. Basically, nothing that I had planned was actually happening.
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • Options
    coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one a few nights ago where my dress was missing and everyone was trying to convince me to wear a black sundress! (please note: the sundress was also very wrinkled!)  Then my father made a scene walking me down the aisle and my mom was carrying ten pairs of pantyhose and threw them during the ceremony.  Yikes! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always had the same dream just in different ways. We would go through the whole wedding and completely forget something and not even realize it til everything was over. In one nightmare the photog didn't show and no one noticed til the end. In another my MOH never showed, no on noticed. In another one, we all forgot where the wedding should be so we had it at this random fruit stand. So bizarre.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a few. All of them have involved me doing something last minute and not having enough time to get dressed and have my hair and makeup done, so I end up walking down the aisle in my pajamas. In one, we hadn't picked the music yet, so an hour before the ceremony I was in the choir loft with the organist deciding what music to do.In another, we'd completely forgotten to pay like, 3 vendors, including the venue, and ended up having a barbecue - in January. In another, I completely missed my hair and makeup appointment and my mom decided 5 minutes before the wedding to drive me to get it done. I like the asparagus dream!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weirdest was last week--forgot to do a ton of projects and I was freaking out.  Then my mom gets my dress out of the closet and it isn't my dress.  Then my mom pulls out a garment rack of clothing and says these are the dresses she is picking from (its the morning of the wedding).  She picks one out, says that she is going to wear it.  It is a full sequined mini dress, when she tries it on I tell her I can see her butt and she tells me I am the worst bridezilla ever. I have a few minor tiffs with my mom, but clothing is never one...and she would never wear a sequined mini dress!!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one where we were trying to get through the ceremony but the string quartet was still rehearsing. Then after the "ceremony" I went to my mom and asked what she thought of it and she said, "meh, it was okay". I was very upset and I had a sudden realization and said, "I'm not even wearing my dress, am I?" and I looked down and I had a black frock on. I've had a several along the same lines! sigh... no fun!
  • Options
    jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine is that someone will spill red wine on my dress during the meal!! its been on my mind for months....my fiance drinks red wine, im seriously thinking of requesting that he doesnt on the day! also, i am terrified of crying uncontrollably during my vows, being a mess and ruining my make-up. Oh and the other one is that I don't lose weight, get my pics back and look huge and gross on the day.....I could go on forever :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great topic - I am cracking up!! I had the worst dream a month or so ago. The day of the wedding it was FREEZING (we are getting married in August mind you) and we couldn't have it under the tent, so were inside the mansion - no DJ or caterer show up, and not only were the centerpieces missing, but the TABLES were MIA, so one of my Bridesmaids is sitting on a coach in front of a fireplace reading a book to her daughter while the guests (which all of a sudden turned into all elderly people) are falling asleep on chairs as she reads to the crowd - and I'm freaking out because there isn't food. Dreams are so nuts! PS - glad to see that your asparagus turned out to be a good thing!! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and I meant couch, not coach - coach would make it so much weirder... AND...I REALLY need to get better about proofreading my posts before I hit POST NOW. I apparently get way too excited :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards