Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Small rehearsal dinner ideas

I'm getting married in May, and my parents are paying for everything. I know that the groom's side of the family usually foots the bill for the rehearsal dinner, but I know that's not going to happen. I'm considering offering to have my FI and I pay for the rehearsal dinner to help out my parents, but with also saving up for moving and the honeymoon I know we'd need to keep it budget-friendly. It should be pretty small - we have a small bridal party (2 attendants each and a flower girl/ring bearer.) I'd guess that we could keep the dinner to 25 max. Our church that the rehearsl will be at is in Wyoming, MI. Does anyone have any good ideas either for restaurants or catering? Also, what is the etiquette on who's invited? Is it just the bridal party, parents and bridal party's family usually, or what? Thanks!!

Re: Small rehearsal dinner ideas

• Options
    Greenglam09Greenglam09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who's invited is totally up to you, what usually works out best is to invite spouses/dates of the bridal party, any parents of the flower girl/ring bearer, parents of the bride and groom and then anyone else participating in the wedding. For example: musicians, officiant, wedding planner, etc. Those are the "must attends" but it is sometimes nice to be able to invite that special aunt, or a college friend flying across the country. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All's I can say is INVITE the bridal parties significant others for sure! I was just in a wedding and they said no guests with the bridal party. I just think it is so wrong and tacky. Oh, bring yourself and significant other to the wedding and give us a gift, but dont' invite your hubby/significant other to the rehearsal dinner. Just a thought. Good luck...and Vitales sports bar on Leonard in GR is great on rehearsal dinners. My cousin had her's there and the food was wonderful!! Who doesn't like pizza? lol:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards