Canada

Donation to Cancer Society in lieu of favours

Hello Everyone!Has anyone used or anyone considered donation to a charity of their choice instead of traditional favours? I know the Canadian Cancer society provides place cards for weddings when a donation is given. Just curious if anyone has used them. Thanks!

Re: Donation to Cancer Society in lieu of favours

• edited December 2011
    I havent used them but that sounds like an awesome idea! I heard of more and more people doing this. If it looks like it will work for your situation then def go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are donating to a numer of different charities that are close to our hearts: CCS, Heart and Stroke, Diabetes, MS, and an animal shelter. Check out this site as well: http://www.idofoundation.org/welcome/favors/ You can also have a charitable registry.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen it set up so guests can choose between two organizations to donate to - it makes a fun interactive game of it, where you can set up two baskets or something, and guests can leave their card in the one they want their donation to go to! I think this is being done more and more!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wkjtwkjt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I will be making donations to either the Canadian Cancer Society or the Breast Cancer Foundation in lieu of wedding favours.  Both of FI's parents and a close uncle of mine passed away from cancer so it is a meaningful way for us to honour them at the wedding.  Both of these charities will provide you with a favour card/thank you card/some other way to indicate the donation for your guests.  I think the Breast Cancer Foundation has a minimum donation requirement to get the cards. I hate for guests to leave empty-handed though and will likely do some small edible gift (i.e. candy/chocolate) as well.
  • libertaslibertas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a nice idea as well, especially since everyone has unfortunately been touched by diseases or conditions in some way. We're thinking about making donations to the Canadian Cancer Society in addition to giving the guests a small favour to remember the day.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on doing favours, but also instead of doing the clinking glasses to kiss, we are going to have a vase to fill with donations for a kiss, which will go to the Sick Kids Foundation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards