September 2012 Weddings
Options

AW: NWR Meeting :)

FI and I had our first meeting with the CAS here regarding domestic adoption. Things went amazing and they are actually moving us faster through the system than most. Rather than a few more meetings before the homestudy we are moving straight to the homestudy next, and should be in classes by June :) They will hold off on putting us on the active list until after the wedding (just incase a child comes up right away).

So excited, and nervous (because its moving faster than I had thought) but all in all in a great mood about everything! FI was just BEAMING with his big smile walking out of there!

Re: AW: NWR Meeting :)

• Options
    Awesome!  That's so exciting!
  • Options
    Eeeee!!!! That's awesome! Did they give you a reason why they were moving faster? Not that that's a bad thing, but was it like "Britt, we can tell you are amazing, so you can go on the fast track." lol. Typically how long does it take to adopt?
  • Options
    oooh this put a big smile on my face!! so excited for you!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow! That's wonderful news!! Congratulations! On a related note, I just found out the name of my biological mother! I did a search for her on google and BAM. I saw a picture of her and I felt like I was staring at myself!? 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) She said that we were really well informed and seemed to be in a good place to be making this decision where as most people come in not sure what they're preparing themselves for.
    They want to fast track us to get us to the June classes, the next classes run in the fall and she doesn't want to stress us with the wedding, so if we do the June classes then that's already out of the way, but you have to be on the 'approved' list in order to be put in a class.

That's so exciting about your birth mother :)
  • Options
    Wow that's awesome news Britt! Congrats!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_aw-nwr-meeting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:3192ca64-af0b-4f3d-b71d-2e16a26c5060Post:67198387-5301-441f-ba2c-9e6f1d9cb9f9">Re: AW: NWR Meeting :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! That's wonderful news!! Congratulations! On a related note, I just found out the name of my biological mother! I did a search for her on google and BAM. I saw a picture of her and I felt like I was staring at myself!? 
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! How did it feel? I can just imagine all the emotions running through you. What did people do before the internet hahaha
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Wow, that's so cool! Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations Britt!  I wish you nothing but the best!  I can't wait to hear how the classes go.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!  That's so exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt that's awesome!

Cassie, that must've been kind of crazy. How do you feel about it? My mom was adopted and it took her years to finally be okay with meeting her bio parents. Her bio dad actually died of a heart attack just a couple of weeks after she met them (literally a couple of weeks). But we all really get along with her bio mom and I can TOTALLY see where my mom got her personality! hahaha
  • Options
    OMG Britt, I'm so excited for you guys! I actually said Woohoo out loud and hubby wanted to know why..... i told him never mind it's good news for one of my bride friends, he just laughed & said "you do realize this is some one you have never met?" !!!
    He just doesn't get it! LOL Tongue Out
  • Options
    Yay Britt! That's awesome :-)

And Cassi that's cool too! Do you think you'll ever want to meet her?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Haha FI is starting to get to know some of you by name when I refer to you because he hears me getting excited about all of you all the time :)
  • Options
    Happy news!! Hurray!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So exciting! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    How exciting!!! I'm so happy for the both of you! :)
  • Options
    That's wonderful, Britt! It's obvious that you are both well prepared and serious about this and have taken the time to think it through. That is SO important when adopting!! 

As far as contacting my bio mother, I am incredibly nervous. All of this time she has been living a few towns over but has recently moved to Utah. I found all of this out merely by peaking her info on facebook and google. I am pretty sure I will do it, but I am going to wait until the wedding is over. I have too much going on, even besides the wedding, and wouldn't be able to deal with it all. Who knows how she will react! Some people react positively and others have a terrible reaction. 

Morena, that's encouraging to hear about your mother though. It helps me to hear stories like that! 
  • Options
    Amazing news! Congrats to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards