Florida-North Florida
Options

Tuxedo: Mens Warehouse vs. Michaels Formalwear

Hi everybody, just quick question. I wanted to know your experiences. I'm leaning toward Michales Formalwear because it is less expensive $85 compare to $150 (RENTALS). But I wanted to know your experiences before making any decision. I'm talking about the one in San. Jose Blvb. Thanks!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuxedo: Mens Warehouse vs. Michaels Formalwear

• Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question, the MW tux you are quoting is their more "premium" line- I know they had a cheaper, less-nice one. Is the 85 dollar tux same quality as the MW $150 tux?
  • Options
    jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh yeah, I'd like opinions on this too since fiance and I haven't looked yet and I have coupons for both places.  I thought they would be similar in price...hmm. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only have experience with MW but they've been very helpful. You might want to make an appointment instead of walk in if they only have one person working. We had to wait almost an hour for help the other day. Once we were helped the experience was fine. The tux that our guys are wearing is $150 but since I got my dress from DB they get a $20 discount.
  • Options
    toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're renting from Men's Wearhouse. It was a positive experience for the initial fitting for FI but we haven't had much more interaction than that so I can't give you much more information. I did like that they didn't give us any problems about not wanting everything that comes with the package (specifically tie and vest) and took the price down. I've known brides who had issues with that and were told that the price is the price regardless of if you want the whole package or not. We're buying ties instead.
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^^^ What Lucky said. We only need the actual tuxes and shoes....no vest, ties, or shirts. It lowered the price by about $50.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Men's Wearhouse at the Town Center and had a good experience.  Granted, we only had two tuxes to worry about, but we didn't have any problems and the prices were decent.  Your guys should be able to get the $20 discount so make sure you ask about that.  I remember their cheapest option being somewhere around $80 with the discount. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to MW first. The girl there was very nice, but they didn't actually put the guys in the tux. They just measured them and said "they'll be here on the 25th" or something to that affect.  Plus the suit was 150.00 and I thought that price was outrageous.I went to see my guys in their tux. They are all different weights and heights and what works for one man, may not work for another. So I went to Michael's. We went to the Regency mall store, but I am going again on monday w/ FI and we're going to the St. Johns TC instead.At Regency, he tried on the jacket which was similar to the super 100's at MW and turns out FI HATED that style jacket. So we picked another, which ended up being the cheaper suit. We got his for free since we have 4 paid rentals and it turned out the girl @ mw measured him wrong (We took the measurements w/ us) and his suit would have been too big if we stayed with them :(
  • Options
    dianadvargasdianadvargas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well.... any rental in men's warehouse is $150 (just tje tuxedo) and $89 (just tucedo in Michael's Formalwear) In Mens warehouse he tried a Calvin Klein tuxedo very nice that retail price was $500... And the one in Michael Formalwear was also a Calvin Klein Tuxedo that the retial price is $899 Bothe very nice...but the Michaels Formalwear fitted him better.... They also had Ralph Lauren tuxedos..... I just wanted to see if anybody had bad experiences, since they do seem more layback and less formal and pushy than men's warehouse.... thanks everyone!!! Diana!
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What MW did you go to? When we went there they had price ranges from $100-$150 and that was for everything. We found a tux and without all of the extras (basically just the tux) the price dropped from $150 to $100. We still have to check out Michaels though.
  • Options
    dianadvargasdianadvargas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one in San Jose, Blvd. Next to barnes and nobles.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The tux my DH rented from MW was a Calvin Klein (he has expensive taste lol) and with the $20 discount, it was around $160 for the whole package- tux, shirt, vest, tie, etc.  Unless their prices have changed, I know their cheapest package was only like $80.  I'm not sure how that compares to Michael's though b/c we didn't go there.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards