California-Orange County
Options

Vendors on Craigslist

Just wondered if anyone has gone this route to find vendors.. they seem to be a lot cheaper than the "name brand" vendors that others recommend.. any thoughts/advice? just wondering if its worth the money i'd be saving!
Meagan and Travis
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vendors on Craigslist

• Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a warning posted on craigslist not too long ago warning about a cr@ppy photographer - or was it on here? In any case, I did see a warning. I want to say it had to do with someone posting someone else's work. I use CL for selling stuff, but I do tread lightly.
  • Options
    steph196steph196 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be extremely careful when looking for vendors on CL. You never know what you are going to get. I would ask the girls on here for recommendations instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ashley010525ashley010525 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi i chose my photographer from CL. He has already done our engagment shots and I was pleased with them. He is updating his portfolio and he is doing our wedding for free! If you have enough time, allow for a shoot with the vendor you choose, to check out his work before you decide on him shooting your day. I took a chance and I am glad I did! I am getting my wedding/ engagmnts shots for free and they are going on a disk so i can do whatever I want with them. Hope that helps! There are some creepys out there never meet them alone. I took my brother and my hubby just incase so this guy was a wierdo. All the wierdos ruin it for the decent priced vendors out there. goodluck!!!! i can send you some pics if you like to see his work
  • Options
    clubs&spadesclubs&spades member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Craigslist = Crazies!!
  • Options
    HBCoCoHBCoCo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my videographer on there two years ago.  He did a great job and was inexpensive because he was just starting out.  I met with him, saw his equipment and saw some of the work he had done.  It was a bit of a risk but it turned out great for me.  I know at least a few knotties have used him since and been happy with him but I am rarely on here. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think like with any other vendor, if you do your homework and ask to see sample of their work or references for previous clients, you can get something good.  Although you might have to go the extra mile to make sure their samples are their own and not stolen from another vendor.
  • Options
    serenalaurenserenalauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found both my videographer and photographer on craigslist and am getting great deals. The wedding hasn't happened yet (Oct 17th) but we are having really great experiences, and already had the engagement photos. You do have to be careful on craigslist because there is a mix of legitimite and not-so-legitimate people..you can usually tell by the professionalism of the email communcations. Both of our vendors are incredibly professional and have websites, contracts, etc. Good luck!
  • Options
    Paige68Paige68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a photographer who advertises on CL and I believe there are many honest people on there who are simply building their portfolios by offering to do weddings for less.  I'd definitely ask for references  and thoroughly read the contract!  I visit the Knot and other sites on occasion to simply see what brides like and don't like in photographers. Interesting for sure. : ) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards