New Jersey
Options

where did you....

register? my fi and i are trying to decide where we should. any thoughts, suggestions? why did you register where you did? also, what was the most expensive thing on your registry? did you try to pick out things that weren't so expensive so that you would get more?thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: where did you....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macys. We thought it was an affordable choice for everyone. We registered for basics like glasses, everyday dishes and serveware. Our largest item was our cookware set ($399). The registry associates at Macys are really helpful. They told us the range of prices we should register for. Plus Macys always has sales going on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Registered at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond.  Our most expensive item was our 10 piece All-Clad Pots/Pans set. It was like $630 or something.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    def do bed bath and beyond....everyone can use their coupons for their gifts and they have great return policy! you can get cash back for any gifts you return from your registry...we had a dyson vacuum cleaner and a mini wine fridge - didnt get the dyson
  • Options
    Kelly&TimothyKelly&Timothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath and Beyond. we registered for things that we needed/wanted and were somewhat concerned with price but also concerned with the quality. didnt want to register for something cheap that wasnt going to hold up. most expensive thing we registered for a kitchen aid mixer that was $399. we also registered for china that is about $125 a place setting.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're in the process of registering now - BBB and Sears. At first we wanted to do Amazon because FI wants to get tools, but Sears will probably be easier for the guests that don't use the Internet. I think the biggest thing we are registering is probably the pots. Also a vaccum for $399
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath & Beyond no longer has the "cash back" thing.  I tried!!  Even with stuff off my registry.  We registered there, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn.  C&B was my favorite.  Make sure you register for things at all different price points to give people options.  Most expensive thing on ours was the Dyson, which a couple of people chipped in and got me for my shower! Don't forget to register for gift cards too! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Williams-Sonoma, Michael C. Fina, and Tiffany'sThe most expensive items I registered for were my pots and pan set ($700ish?), knives ($600?) and Kitchen Aid mixer ($500??).  I got all three for my shower.  It is important to make sure you have a wide range of prices represented because people will spend different amounts, but if you really want something I wouldn't be afraid to register for it.  I was definitely happy to get some really nice big items rather than a bunch of smaller things I didn't need as much.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crate & barrel and bb&b.  i looked at macy's wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoops clicked post too soon.... i think my pots/pans were $600ish; i received most every appliance and large ticket item, i would up using discounts after wedding to complete my dishes, some odds and ends.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Macy's and BB&B. We've tried to include a fair mix of inexpensive and expensive, just so people can find something in their price range. I don't really care about what we wind up getting, since we really don't "need" anything ... we could really use some upgrades on the stuff we DO have, though. Most expensive is a Dyson vacuum (about $600).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are registered at BBB, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn.The most expensive thing is the dyson.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's.  Macy's JUST sent me another registry completion gift card, for $13.00.  I had gotten one for a few hundred, shortly after the wedding.The most expensive thing was either the Dyson Vaccuum, our luggage, our pots/pans.I tried to put a mix of things on there and honestly, I got about 90% of what we registered for.
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBB, Sur la Table, and Pottery Barn Knives-- $400 and Vacuum about the same.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Macys and Bed Bath & Beyond. The kitchen aid mixer. We registered for a mix of things since its our first home for both of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crate & Barrel (because I love the style) and Kohl's (affordable necessities and wonderful towels).  We registered for all price ranges with the highest being around $400 (our dishes since I already had the good pots and kitchen aid).  People will buy what they can afford and for some, just what they want to give whether on your registry or not.  Register for items you would like and that different families can afford.Lisa Beth
  • Options
    pink_lattepink_latte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at Macy's, BBB and Williams-Sonoma in order to give our guests as wide a variety as possible. I can see his family sticking more with Williams-Sonoma, mine with Macy's and our friends with BBB. I think our most expensive registry items are our knives, luggage, Le Creuset pieces and some of Williams-Sonoma Provencal line, which I am not expecting but put on the registry anyway in the hopes that I could use gift cards and a registry completion discount to pick some of it up after the wedding. I picked out things I thought would last us a long time and stuck with the middle-priced to slightly higher end (but by no means most expensive) products.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bed Bath and Beyond.  It was easy and they had the stuff I wanted.  Most expensive thing was probably Kitchen Aid Mixer but I am not entirely sure (received it).  I did a mix of inexpensive and expensive.  I put on a lot of Kitchen gadgets so some people just bought a few of those to make up an affordable but really funny and wanted gift. Everyone was shockingly more than generous! AS for PP just last week I was offered cash back on dupicate items from my registering from BBB.  I did not take the cash because I figured the people would want me to have something but the option was still there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Neilly I got scammed by BB&B!  When I asked for cash back, they pretty much laughed at me and said "We haven't done that in like 3 years..."  and that was the Store Manager!!  Grrr..... However I love my new Cuisinart toaster oven :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if it is a store to store policy. The BBB that offered me that was in Totowa. I am a cuisinart girl myself :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I registered at Macy's and Pampered Chef.  I was a big fan of both registries, because they both have very good rewards attached.  The rewards I got from Macy's after my wedding paid for all of my completion items that I wanted (over $500).  The most expensive thing I registered for was my pots and pan set (~$500) and I did get it from my mom for my shower. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the totowa and parsippany store will give you cash back - ive been there multiple times in the last few months returning stuff....it def is a store to store policy....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    pp referring to bed bath
  • Options
    LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BB&B & the most expensive thing was the 10-piece All Clad set for about $650.
  • Options
    I would advise people NOT to register at Bed, Bath & Beyond, not only because their merchandise is overpriced, but if your guests buy a product elsewhere and attempt to take the item off your BBB registry they will not allow it! I bought something from my friend's registry at a different store because BBB did not have the item and I called them and asked to take the item off the registry. They refused. I even talked to a manager and was refused. They said only the bride could take things off her registry unless the item is bought in their store. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a) surprising her at the shower and b) avoiding duplicates? This wasn't a matter of technological limitation, just bad service. I was appalled because they clearly did not have the bride's best interest in mind, nor that of her guests who would be shopping for her.
  • Options
    This post is from 2009 and nobody is going to read it...and just an FYI...as a bride I would be livid at a store that took something off my registry because someone called and said they purchased the item somewhere else. How is the store supposed to know if the item was really purchased. It was not bad customer service but good policy. The bride and groom should be the only parties able to add or remove items.
  • Options
    What the hell is with all the posts from 2009 coming back?  @KnotPorscha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards