Florida-North Florida

Pensacola Vendor Reviews

Hi girls,I don't post very often and I am usually a lurker, but I know how valuable the vendor reviews can be, so here they are!Catering - Classic City Catering- B - The food was an A +++.  I got compliments from guests saying it was the best wedding food they'd ever had.  However, they were late and then ran behind schedule for the rest of the night.  However, the coordinator with the catering company that was supposed to be managing my wedding got diagnosed with cancer the week before.  I am sure if she had been there everything would have run perfectly.Flowers - Bouquets - A- - They were in charge of making all the bouquets and corsages, bouts, etc.  Everything they made was gorgeous, however, one of my bridesmaid's bouquets literally started falling apart halfway through the wedding.Flowers - Flowerama - A+ - We did not do arrangements for centerpieces.  We bought a bunch of loose flowers and put them in vases ourselves.  We got a ton of flowers from Flowerama for a cheap price.  They were super easy to work with, ordered everything we wanted and even loaned us water buckets.  This a good option for people wanting to save money.  I also think it's a better option than ordering bulk flowers off the internet that you have never seen before.Photographer - Patsy Brown - A+++++ - She is the best photographer in the Pensacola area hands down.  She has been featured in a bunch of local magazines like Coastal Weddings and Bella.  She is fun, has an upbeat attitude and is pretty much amazing.  She is pricey, but she gives you unlimited hours.  Her website is www.patsybrown.com. She also has a blog www.patsybrownblog.com.Venue - 902 Ariola - A + - 902 Ariola is a beach house located on Pensacola Beach.  The owner is Kathy Truxillo and she LOVES renting it out for weddings.  We had the ceremony out on the beach and walked back to the house for the reception.  The house is finished underneath and we comfortably fit about 90 people.  I have heard of much bigger weddings happening there also.  The house itself is gorgeous.  It has 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, so we rented it for the whole week and the whole wedding party stayed there and hung out.Decorating and Rentals - Kent's Special Events - A - We rented tables, white beach chairs, linens, etc from Kent's.  They did everything they were expected to do and were easy to work with.  They also decorated the underside of the beach house with lights with looked fantastic, even if it was expensive.Cake - Paulette Grimes with Nouveau Pastries - A - The cake tasted amaziing and looked great too.  She is little cheaper than some of the more prominent bakers in the area.  She also made cheesecakes for us, that were awesome.  The only gripe I have is that, I guess, she forgot a cake stand and just left the cake sitting on the cardbaord on the cake table.  I did not even notice until I was looking back through some pictures after the wedding.Bride and Bridesmaid Dresses - The Bridal Suite - A + - The girls here are so helpful and great!  I am so glad I got my dress here.  They also own Bouquets (who did our flowers) and give you a discount if you end up order your attire and flowers from them.  They also do menswear for people needing tuxes, etc.  Evertying is located together in a little wedding complex off of Nine Mile.  It is a pretty new building.DJ - Atlas Entertainment - Keith Jones - A - I acutally won a raffle at a bridal show and that's how I ended up with Keith.  He is soooooo nice and was easy to work with.  He has a lot of experience, but just moved to the area and has not built up a client base yet.  He also set up speakers and microphones on the beach for the ceremony. I would definitely recommend him.I think that is about it.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.  If you would like to see a few pictures there are some posted on www.patsybrownblog.com about halfway down the first page of her blog.  The entry is titled Dr. and Mrs. (Dr.) Faulkner.  I know there is a picture of the cake and some of the ceremony site.

Re: Pensacola Vendor Reviews

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your pictures are beautiful. I love your dress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Your pics are amazing, Patsy always does great work. Thanks for the vendor reviews, as you know we don't have a lot of Pensacola girls on here so it's great to have some new reviews for the area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That may be one of the chicest beach weddings I've ever seen. Great job on everything. You looked beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations! They help a lot! :)
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting these!  Mind if I add them to the vendor reviews website?  :)[url]http://sites.google.com/site/neflvendorreviews/[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the sweet comments :-).  Feel free to add them to any vendor review website yall have going.  The whole point of me posting them was so they could help other brides out :-).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards