Outdoor Weddings

Floating Candles in Pool

Ladies, I'm wanting to float candles in the pool where were getting married. Have any of you had experience with these? I'm just wondering what happens to them once they burn? Does the wax stay in place and what happens to the wicks? P.S. we're having our wedding at a friend's estate and don't want to ruin her pool!

Re: Floating Candles in Pool

• Sorry i have not used these, but we are having floating candles...we were able to hire glass votives that float....maybe you could get some of them?
  • Hey Sandra, where did you get the floating votive holders?
  • Sorry prob can not help you....as we hired ours from a decoartive hire company.....in Australia....try doing a google search, i tried to take a look for you but dont know where in the US you are based....
  • I've never used floating candles in a pool, but I have used floating candles. The ones that I had were star shaped and water seeped in once the wax burned off near the edges. This put the candle out and it was all in one piece, including the wick. I've never had a floating candle burn all the way through like a tea light candle so the wicks should also stay in place. Get a couple of different shapes and experiment with a bowl of water before you make your choice so you can see what happens. Typically when wax gets wet it hardens fast enough that it should stay in one piece. Good Luck!
  • We are doing floating candles and my mom was going to look for some floral rings of sort to place the candles on.  can let you know after the 14th of oct how we did it!! Joy
  • I know my post is a little late and I'm not sure if you're still checking this, but I'm using these! I was looking all over for candles that looked good and weren't ridiculously expensive, and I stumbled across these and was instantly sold. It's a light, not a candle so you don't have to worry about a mess and you also don't have to worry about needing to re-light them if one goes out (which was my concern)http://www.save-on-crafts.com/whitelilylite.html
  • Jay& Sara~~That was a great link!! I loved all the stuff on that site!! Thanks!!
  • No problem! I found it on accident through a long long Google search. Actually when I purchased the floating flower/light things I had to go through another site since this one was out of stock. I only paid another 2 dollars or so than what was listed on the link I gave. The website that DID have them in stock, if you were interested, was http://www.batteryoperatedcandles.net/Good luck with all your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards