Colorado-Denver
Options

Sooo Nervous!

I am getting really nervous about walking down the aisle and having all the attention on me. I am not used to being in the spotlight and I get major "stage fright".Any words of wisdom to help me stay calm?

Re: Sooo Nervous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm freaking about the same thing, great post!On a sidenote I'm SO excited to see your wedding photos, I love everything your doing! It's going to be really beautiful!
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me, three :)  I'm very nervous about this part.  Here's my plan:- Assume that I'm going to be a complete wreck so that, if I'm not, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  - Tell all my girls and my parents (who are walking me down the aisle) how nervous I am.  I know they'll all do everything they can to help calm my nerves.  - Lock eyes with FI as soon as I can once I start going down the aisle.  I know that his smile will help to calm me no matter what I'm feeling.  Hope those help!  All we can do is our best :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did all the pictures before the wedding, SO WORTH IT! I wouldn't have changed a thing!  By the time you get though all the family pics and wedding party pics, your ready to enjoy your party.  Try and do a private reveal, just you and your FI, then some pics of just the two of you first.  Then get the wedding party out for pictures and then if you have time, do family pics.  then after the ceremony, you just do a few more pics you missed and you will be ready to party!  That was the best thing we decided to do was see each other before!  Also when you walk in, keep  your eyes on your groom.  Don't look at anyone else!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may surprise yourself! I certainly did. I'm emotional to say the least and was crying over everything wedding related leading up to it. We saw each other beforehand and I was positive I'd cry...nope. Thought I'd cry walking down the aisle...nope. I was so freaking happy and excited that I didn't notice anything going on (flower girls flipping out) but getting to DH. The only time I cried was when I said the vows I'd written. I completely surprised myself and you probably will yourself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    super big DITTO to Charlsie! I was soooo nervous about being the center of attention like mentioned in original post. Doing a private reveal/first look w/ FI and then doing family pics before hand really calmed my nerves. By the time the ceremony time came I wasn't nervous at all & was able to be really mindful during the ceremony & soak it all in :)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also pretty nervous about walking down the aisle.  I didn't do a first look and am still so happy that I didn't.  I don't think it would have changed my nervousness at all.  While I was walking down the aisle, I locked eyes with Tim and remember him wiping a tear and mouthing the word wow to me.  I don't remember noticing people were around me and watching me at all.  It's just such a great moment between you and your fiance, that it becomes very easy to block out anything else.As soon as I saw Tim, I lost any nervous feeling I had and it was just like, yayy this is it!  It's a great moment and, like Mandalay said, I had gotten really emotional before the wedding and thought I would cry - NOPE!  I just had a huge shiiit grin on my face the whole way down the aisle.
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lets see. Words of wisdom...- I did not do a reveal and I thought it made the moment just perfect. Seeing FI look at me was just amazing and so worth the wait. - Concentrate on curling your toes. That was a tip that someone gave me and help me not cry as much during the ceremony.- A little champagne before hand always is nice to curve the nerves.- Having your dad make a joke down the aisle too helped me. I forget what he said but it was  funny and got me feeling a lot less stressed.- Also having a DOC was soo great because she took care of me and took care of everything I wanted. I worried a lot less about all the little things that would have taken away from me enjoying my wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies! We aren't seeing eachother before the ceremony mainly because it starts at 11am, so we don't really have time. However, I think I will mention to my mom (she's walking me, not my dad) to make a little joke or something right before we go down the aisle, that should calm me down, laughter is very good when you are nervous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brit: Thank you!!! I'm excited to see yours too, Vegas weddings are pretty cool :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was afraid I'd be nervous, too, but somehow you kind of tune it all out. Maybe it was the glass of wine I enjoyed pre-ceremony- ha! As I walked up the aisle, I was looking at my groom-to-be, and also took some time to look out at all our guests and soak in the moment. I was nervous about smiling on my way up the aisle so I'd be smiling in pictures, but as it turned out I needed no self-reminders-- as I looked at my groom and all our friends and family, I had this permanent beaming smile on my face.If you get nervous beforehand, just remind yourself that everyone there is present to support you and that you're literally surrounded with love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards