Virginia

Wedding Vendor Reviews

My husband and I were married on 9-12-09 and we had an absolutely wonderful day!  :-)  I just wanted to give some reviews of the wonderful vendors we used.  Most of the vendors are located in Hampton Roads unless otherwise noted.  Wedding Ceremony & Reception: The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center The staff at the Westin were absolutely wonderful.  We met with Ashley Loffrado a little over a year before the wedding and she was very helpful in assisting with menu selections, tastings, reccomendations, etc. As we got closer to our date Ashley was very helpful and accomodating to any and all of the changes that we requested. I was a bit frazzled leaving things in other peoples hands on the morning of the wedding but everything was absolutely beautiful! Also, our food at the reception was incredibly tasty and people loved it. We had a lot of out of town guests and many of them stayed at the Westin and we received tons of compliments from our guests about how great the service was.  All in all, I don't think we could have chosen a better location for our wedding.  Florist: Greenbrier FloristI have nothing but GREAT things to say about Jackie at Greenbrier Florist. She was one of my favorite vendors. Not only did Jackie give us beautiful flowers, but she also stayed well within our budget, gave us a suggestion for our cake vendor, threw in extra items for the ceremony and assisted with us donating our flowers to a nursing facility after the wedding. I felt like they truly cared about making our day special like we were family. I would recommend them to everyone!Photographer: Andrew Tawes PhotographyAndrew was a joy to work with and after seeing our engagement photos I knew he would deliver some awesome wedding photos for us......and boy did he ever! I am usually very critical of photos of myself but I could not stop looking at myself in the photos that Andrew took. He has a real eye and knows how to bring out the beauty in everyone. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer who will produce photos that look like they should be in The Knot magazine!  Cake: G's Cake ShopOur florist recommended G's Cake Shop to us and eventually decided to use them for our wedding cake.  On our first appointment I was not very impressed with the personality of the gentleman that we spoke to but the yummy taste of the cake outweighed the gentleman's lack of personality. They were very easy to work with (even when I made a change to the desigh a few weeks out). On the day of the wedding the cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted even better than I remembered. Great choice.  Cocktail Hour/Luncheon Music: N-TregueMy former band director has a group called N-Tregue and they are awesome!!  They performed during our cocktail hour and during lunch. They have a guitarist, saxophone player, flute player ang THE MOST AMAZING SINGER!! Seriously, I could barely eat because I was so mesmerized by their amazing music. They played smooth jazz and the singer sang along. It was classy and everyone loved it!Reception DJ: DJ Lonnie B (Richmond)DJ Lonnie B is a friend of my husband's and he did an excellent job keeping the party going. After lunch was served he played radio hits that kept the dance floor packed. I was worried that people would not dance since we had a lunch reception but the dance floor stayed hot thanks to Lonnie B!  Alterations: Angie Cavallero (Fairfax, VA)I live in the DC area and heard through the DC message board that Angis is THE person to go to for alterations. I can honestly say that she lives up to all the reviews. She is the sweetest lady to work with and she is extremely reasonable. ($150 for bustle, hem and taking in the bodice) If you are in Northern Virginia and need alteration you should definitely try to get on her schedule. I think she books up pretty fast.  Bridal Gown: Rosalin's Bridal (Falls Church, VA)I purchased my bridal gown at Rosalin's and was very pleased. Their shop is very small but they have a lot of dresses in that small space. Their prices are some of the best I have seen anywhere. I purchased my beautiful Maggie Sottero gown (style Vernice in Dupioni Silk) for $800.  They also have a lot of bridesmaids dresses and their prices are excellent too.  Several of my bridesmaids purchased their dresses their too.  Veil: David's Bridal in NorfolkI was such a procrastinor when it came to my veil. I waited until the week of the wedding before I even looked at veils.  I ended up going to the David's Bridal in Norfolk and found a lovely veil for only $40!  It was perfect and I am glad that I waited. 

Re: Wedding Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding!  I just wanted to say I totally agree with some of your recs.  I have a hotel block with the Westin and Ashley is great to work with.  I used Angie for my alterations and she really is the nicest lady and very reasonably priced.  I paid $175 for hem, bustle, taking in the bodice, and getting cups sewed in the bodice.I also second Rosalin's!  It's not the fanciest place, but they are so nice, helpful, and well-priced.  I didn't get my wedding gown there (they couldn't order the one I found at another shop), but I've gotten two BM dresses there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • meganj28meganj28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing your reviews! We are considering using Andrew for our wedding next fall, and it is great to hear a positive, honest review! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards