Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Where are you in your wedding planning?

Wow - awesome responses to my previous post. Thanks ladies - there's quite a few of us out there! I was only able to skim the responses (I'm on a quick break from class) but I'll be sure to read them all tonight when I get off work. I'd like to make a list of the KC Brides with our wedding dates and see if the MOD can post it as a sticky.That being said, we have a wide variety of wedding dates from very soon (wooo - you're almost there!) to a year or two out. Where is everyone in their wedding planning? Was your engagement a sprint or a marathon to the aisle? ;-) Is there a special reason you chose your date?Personally, I'm working on re-finalizing my guest list (after losing my beautifully organized one when I lost my USB stick). FI & I booked all of our vendors/locations from Feb-now and can take a breather in that area while I focus on finishing my degree. By the time we get married, we will have been engaged for about 20 months. I'd consider that more of a marathon than a sprint. ;-P We chose our date because it would give us plenty of time to save (we're funding our own) and it would give FI to finish out his current contract which has him traveling most of the year until June. There's nothing particularly significant about our date (other than the fact it will be our future anniversary! :-)) but we liked the month September, I liked the 18th, and we didn't want to wait until 2011 if we could avoid it! :-)

Re: Where are you in your wedding planning?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got all our big checks: Venue (includes DJ, catering, tables etc), Photographer, Florist.I'm going dress shopping and we're getting our E-pics done this month. BM dress shopping, book HM, and send out STD's in December.In between I'm getting the little stuff done. Getting some decor, working on the details. We got engaged this past February and chose 10.10.10 bc Ryan graduates this Dec and we wanted to wait a few months after he graduated to get married. I didn't want to get married in the Summer, but we're both big fans of Fall. I just wanted it to be a Sunday in October (my Mom brought up 10.10.10 - didn't even consider it) and our Venue had the date available! :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    RHILEA77RHILEA77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have almost everything booked. Just a few more things to do. (I have them picked out...just havent had the time to finalize it! UGH) Really the only thing left is the flowers and the officiant. There is no significance in our date. 7-17-10. We got engaged this april and we wanted a little more than a year to finance it all since we are on our own.
  • Options
    orangejuliusorangejulius member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new here, so I'll have to go check out your other post to add myself to the list. :)We just got engaged a month ago. Originally I wanted October 2, 2010, because I know I wanted an outdoor wedding, and my cousin is getting married beginning of August, so I felt that gave enough time between the two, but without it getting too cold. Well, that date wasn't available at our top choice venue. Actually, the only Saturday that was available around that time was October 30, 2010 which is pretty cold for an outside ceremony. So, we decided to look at Sundays and chose 10-10-10. I wasn't thrilled about having it on a Sunday at first, but now I'm so excited! It's just nice to have the date out of the way so we can officially start planning and booking things. So far we have the venue and hotel arrangements booked. I have also decided on a dress (I know, a little early, but I fell in love with it!) and will probably order it next week. We've contacted a photographer we're interested in, but it doesn't look like she's going to be available. That's pretty much it so far. Oh, my mom surprised me with a wedding planning book today! Haha...oh the little things that make this so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am now 50 days away from my wedding!  :)  Our engagement will be a total of 9 months.  I think that is just about the right amount of time.  I wanted to get married this past summer (we got engaged in February) because I'm a teacher and it's a lot easier.  My FSIL was pregnant and lives out of state and couldn't travel during the time I wanted to get married.  So that is how we came upon November 21.  I didn't want to want until next summer and that is the Saturday before Thanksgiving so I'll only have to take 3 days off of work due to the Thanksgiving break.  Unfortunately that means we will be gone over Thanksgiving but my mom promised me a turkey dinner when we got back from the honeymoon!I think we have most of the big stuff done.  Invitations are going out in the mail today so that is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  I'm working on programs now and will work on favors once the RSVP's start coming in and I start getting an idea on numbers.  Overall, I think I'm in good shape even though the checklist on the Knot says I have 15 items overdue!!!  :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have booked the ceremony site, the reception site (comes with a dj), photographer booked and engagement pictures done, engagement party done, picked out our caterer and making the deposit tonight, went dress shopping and found THE dress (will order as soon as my dad is says the ok), and the florist appointment is tonight! Whew! I am finalizing the guest list now. Still need to ask FI's aunt to be our officiant, and I think that is it for now. We have been engaged since April of this year and get married 10-2-10, so I consider it a marathon! :) We don't really have a special reason for our date, We wanted a fall wedding and we both really like October. I wanted atleast a year to plan, we just went for next October. Also, I wanted it at the beginning of October because it starts to get colder towards the end...not that we are having an outdoor wedding, I just don't like cold weather!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married 7/31/10, but we've got a lot done! The ceremony, reception, photographer and DJ are booked. We are meeting with the caterer tomorrow and mom and I are starting the dress shopping process this month or next. We originally wanted a fall wedding, but we have a lot of out-of-towners, so we decided on summer. Our date was simply chosen by the availability of the reception venue! :) We got engaged on July 4th, so our engagement will be a little over a year long. Planning hasn't been too bad so far. I was a little overwhelmed at first, but everything is coming together nicely! Good luck to all of you finalizing your plans! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in 3 weeks - Oct. 24! We are finalizing all the details with the caterer and DJ, assembling programs, making favors (candied pecans), etc. Also trying to get ahold of people who didn't respond to the RSVPs. And LOTS of other tiny details I haven't thought about since I first got engaged. I have been relatively stress-free throughout the engagement until last night when I had my first little panic attack realizing how much needed to be done in the next 3 weeks.We got engaged Oct. 12, 2008 - so we had about a year engagement - which was just right for us. We did a ton of planning the first 3 months, then we got to relax for a few months, and these past couple months have been busy again. Good luck with your plans ladies!
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are almost at 8 months out. I think we're pretty on-schedule so far. I have the ceremony and reception locations, bridesmaids and all but 1 groosmen asked, caterer, photographer, DJ, dress, and ceremony musicians, and am currently working on cake and florist. We'll have been engaged for 15 months by the time we get married, which seems a little long to me. We got engaged in Mar., and wanted to be engaged for about a year. We wanted to get married in Apr. or May because of the weather. Our original date was 5-15, but we had a problem with our reception venue double-booking the date, and had conflicts with a few other dates in May, and Jun. 5 seemed like the best option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married on August 14 2010. We chose it because its one of our many anniversaries (we met in high school, we kissed in june 2008 and were together ever since, buthe asked me to be his girlfriend on august 14 2008) He is graduating with his masters in May so we are hoping that will give him some time to find a job and a place to live by the time of the wedding (but we arent counting on that even though it would be sooo nice) He proposed on september 12 2009 so we will have about an 11 month engagement, which for me is about the perfect length. So far we have : Asked all the bridal party members to be in the wedding Secured the Ceremony and Reception sites Reserved the Rehearsel Dinner Location Booked the Photography Reserved the Minister Ordered the Dress Have the garter in the closet We also know who our caterer will be because we have to use the reception sites caterer and weve reviewed the menu so we have a general idea of what our food will be
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far the planning is going well! Have the dress, ceremony/reception venue, photographer, florist, officiant. And we need a dj and to book the rehearsal dinner venue which we will do next week when FILs are in town! We got engaged April of this year, so we will have aout a 13 month engagement, our wedding is June 5, 2010. I feel like it's just the right amount of time. I've always wanted a summer wedding, I'm a teacher, so it makes sense! Just trying to enjoy the process and not get too frustrated with FMIL: )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A marathon in our case, we will have had a 19 month engagement by the time we are married on July 3.We chose our date because it was when we could get some time off from school to take a honeymoon and would have a slower schedule to be able to enjoy our first year of marriage.So far we have the ceremony, reception, caterer, DJ, photographers, and florist booked.  I also have my dress on order and it should be in within a few weeks.  We are going BM dress shopping this month and selecting our baker.  We have selected our STDs and invites and are working on our addresses and guest list to get the STDs sent out next month!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have pretty much all the big stuff done - the one last "big thing" we have is a meeting with the lighting people tomorrow.  I've been working on a lot of DIY stuff lately, and we have been working on our ceremony - which we have to finish ASAP so I can start doing programs. Our to do list is still pretty long - but I'm confident everything will get done :D I just have to get motivated lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards