Michigan-Grand Rapids

angry...

Ok so I am stinking frustrated. I thought getting married and planning a wedding is supposed to be fun! I just don't know what to do. I feel like everyone around me isn't excited and pretty much could just careless and its really starting to get to me. My MOH is a big part of it. Everytime I ask her something or try to get together with her she's too busy or makes me feel like am  an inconvenience to her. Even my FH has said something things to me, but its how hard for me to be excited and want to plan when I feel like no one wants to help let alone want to be there for us. In reality I just feel I don't give a damn and I just wanna marry my man!  Thanks...I just needed to vent.

Re: angry...

• Bulloca2Bulloca2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Obviously you are upset and I get that. However, snap out of it! This is your wedding and you only get one shot at it. Dont let the attitude of others bring you down. In reality, you only need for YOU to be excited and have a desire to make things happen. Brides do a lot of the work because we have a vision of what we want and we make sure that it gets done. Stress and Bride go together. If you really need help, why not invest in a wedding planner or Day of Coordinator? At least then you will feel like you have someone in your corner. If you want help in terms of ideas- pick up some magazine, visit a local wedding planner and flip through their books to collect suggestions, and use The Knot. It's all in what you make of it. Wedding planning is supposed to be fun! Brush off the bad vibes and put a smile on. You're getting MARRIED :) It's a happy time!
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree 100% with Bulloca.  I'm sorry you're upset, but really, no one thinks your wedding is as important as you do.Don't call your friends only when you want something wedding related.  Make an effort to not talk about it when you're around them unless they bring it up.  It's happy for us, sure, but other people get tired of hearing about the wedding.  I've done the whole thing on my own from 4000 miles and 3 timezones away.  FI will show up 2 days before the wedding.  But I don't expect everyone else to give up their life to help me out, this is my responsibility and my vision, and it's better if I just do it myself anyway. :)Maybe you just need to take a break.  Stop planning for a bit (honestly, nothing bad is going to happen), stop talking about it for a bit, stop everything.  Just relax.  When you start again, perhaps you'll find a little more perspective.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're frustrated! We all get that way...FI especially drives me crazy because he thinks I'm planning too far ahead...I'm under a year now! He doesn't want me doing wedding stuff when I'm at home, but I certainly can't do it all at work! And with my MOH, I was certainly willing to help when I was her MOH, but she did pretty much everything with her family, so I don't know how much she's willing to help me.So anyway, I;m not trying to take over your rant, but I want to say, I feel your pain! :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're under a year now? OH NOES! Call out the National Guard! By the way, 11 months and 10 days doesn't *really* count as under a year.It's all right.  I've planned mine in 8 months, and have been bored most of the time. 
  • Bulloca2Bulloca2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did all of my planning in 6 months with all vendors book in 5 days. It's the details that take the longest. I too was a little bored by the time the big day came as everything was in place and ready to go! Let me also note that I did about 90% of my planning alone- in a town I just moved to, with my Mom and MOH 14 hours away. It can be done. In those 6 months, I changed my flowers twice. I can't imagine having more time to plan. I would have gone crazy!!
  • edited December 2011
    AmoroAgain, you make it really hard to want to post on these boards. I rarely see a cheery post from you. Sorry to bother you; I'll try to stay away.
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phill369, don't let one grouchy, snotty person talk you out of using this really awesome resource. There's so many kind individuals on here that make up for it. Just ignore 'em! Some people just don't understand that coming up with the funds (and other things) takes more time for some people than for others. I'm feeling the same as you, still a little over a year away, and already feeling some pressure! Like I said, just brush it off! :)(Sorry if this is in bold, it's messin' up for me. :()
  • edited December 2011
    How in the world can you say phill369 isn't *really* under a year??  Does she have less than 365 days until her wedding?  Yup.  Gee, look at that...she's under a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I understand it can be very frustrating - it was for me at times. My MOH wanted to do everything and was taking over some of the stuff. The very frustrating part was in the planning of the shower and bachelorette party. They included me and I hated it. Take a breath and let it be know what you want, etc. If you don't, it will get to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I, too, planned ALMOST everything on my own!!!  Believe me, it was stressful, hectic, and maddening all at once!!!  My MOH did very little also, and, one of my BM's was ALWAYS telling me how she thought I should do things!!!!  She did admit at the reception, that everything I stood my ground on was "absolutely wonderful"!!!!  Just remember, this is YOUR day, and, no one but YOU knows exactly how you want it!!!!  If it helps, when you think you might need some help on a certain detail, tell yourself that although it may take you a little longer to complete it by yourself, at least it will be done correctly!!!!  And, also, remember that the members of your bridal party have been chosen by you and they can be fired by you!!!!  If having a certain person in your party just causes you stress, consider changing that person!!!  Believe me, if I had listened to myself on that issue, my wedding day would've been a whole lot calmer!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah, I understand your pain. I have a bridesmaid who would rather focus all of the attention on herself. Its an awful situation.Here's my suggestion: you have to have SOMEONE who is excited with you? If you're mom is involved, i hope its her. My mom is super involved and super excited about the wedding. If not her, I'm sure there's one person out there who is. But keep in mind that people don't want to hear about your wedding 24/7. I gave myself a rule that, outside of my wedding party, I don't talk about my wedding unless someone asks about it. And guess what? They do.I got engaged back in January. For the past 10 months no one has asked me really anything about it. But as time gets closer, I guarantee people will start being excited for you and asking questions.And if all else fails, you have us, your fellow knotties :)Happy for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards