Virginia-Richmond
Options

Rehearsal Dinner?

Anyone have a good idea for a rehearsal dinner restaurant??  I was going to have it at the Cheesecake Factory in shortpump (yum!) but alas....they won't do reservations for Fridays :(

Re: Rehearsal Dinner?

• Options
    trulylovelytrulylovely member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are thinking of Maggianos in Short Pump, they have a banquet room and do family style Italian food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner at Bottoms Up Pizza in the Shockoe Bottom area. It will be a bit more casual but we wanted something very "richmondy" and downtown near the hotels. You can rent out the entire top floor and part of the patio (or the entire patio and not inside). They are super accommodating and have been great to work with thus far.
  • Options
    polelenepolelene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do Bottom's Up too. But the finace vetoed. :( We're doing Maggiano's (which will be yummy too!)
  • Options
    wparsley23wparsley23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how Maggiano's goes!  That's what I was thinking :)  I'm interested in the pizza idea too...are they expensive?   thanks!
  • Options
    Karibeth1122Karibeth1122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have ours at the Seafire Grill on Lauderdale. They have the option of food from both the seafire and the grapevine.
  • Options
    cytenahcytenah member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The colony club in downtown richmond is AMAZING. I just had a rehearsal dinner there on August 7 and they did a fantastic job. We had about 30 people and had lots of food variety so it was more expensive than normal but the ambiance is amazing. We used the top floor along with the outdoor court.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Buckhead's.  So far they have been amazing.  It is pretty expensive but it will be worth it :)
  • Options
    katiewhittenkatiewhitten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at The Hard Shell downtown and it was amazing!  Much more reasonable pricing than I expected with the type and quality of food we got.
  • Options
    Shelley04Shelley04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner will be at the BlackFin downtown :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you been to the Boathouse at Rockett's landing? I dn't know if they do rehearsal dinners or not, but I was just there for the first time on Friday and the view is phenomenal. It is a very modern urban space with a gorgeous view. The food was decent too.
  • Options
    JenniferkhJenniferkh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Six Burner in The Fan.  this is one of our favorite restaurants so we decided to add it to the list when we were researching but figured it would be too pricey.  it ended up being one of the cheapest options we had!  if you've ever been to Six Burner and LOVE it as much as most i'd highly recommend them.  since it's such a small space we had the entire upper section all to ourselves and it never got too loud (outside of our group anyway)  we had worked out a pre fixe menu with the chef (they only use what's fresh and in season) and everyone raved about the food!  i'd absolutely recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards