Wisconsin
Options

Vendor Reviews- Madison Area

Hey Ladies! I always found other knotties reviews helpful when I was planning, so here are my takes on my vendors. I hope this helps! If you have any questions or want more information, let me know. DJ- Juke Box Bandstand, DeForest, WI: A+ We had Steve Swadley as our DJ and he was awesome! He kept people interested and switched up the music genres so there was something for everyone! He also danced with us! The entire office staff I worked with, Martie and Austin, were wonderful! They kept us in the loop, let us know when they received a LONG list of requests from my family members so we could veto if necessary. Rates were also very reasonable compared with other DJ companies. I can’t say enough great things about them! Limo- Wayne Ace, Oregon, WI: A We booked Wayne at the bridal show in January. He was the best for the price and what we needed. I called him in early September, just to confirm, and he kinda brushed off my call and said “we’ll touch base that week”. I emailed him a list of places we wanted to go, but never received a response. The day of (I was super busy until then) I called to make sure everything was good- and it was! The bus we had booked had some sort of malfunction, so they sent a MUCH bigger bus for the same price. We certainly didn’t have a space shortage! My one gripe- the driver was new to the area and didn’t know how to get anywhere. I sent maps with my email, and he had GPS, but I still ended up telling him where to go- even to the Monona Terrace- everyone knows where that is! Photography- Michelle Allen, Fitchburg, WI: A+ While I haven’t received the professional pictures yet, I know she will do a wonderful job! She was recommended to me by a former co-worker and she did an excellent job with her pictures! She gave us a mini engagement session with our package, so that was one expense we didn’t need to worry about! She is competitively priced for the area. She did a great job with organizing our day! She had great ideas for picture locations, both indoors and out, and I think we got some creative shots! She takes all digital pictures and at the end, we get the CD of all pictures and the copyright release so we can get them printed ourselves. She also offers a free “new baby” shoot for later in life. Flowers- Dutch Designs, Lake Mills, WI: A+ Hope is wonderful! She is the local florist in Lake Mills, where DH grew up, so that is how we came to work with her. She is very creative and has loads of ideas! I told her what flowers I like and what colors and gave her creative license, she did not disappoint! Flowers were perfect and I think we got a lot, both quality and quantity, for our money! Caterer/Cake- Queen Anne’s Catering, Madison, WI: A We didn’t get off to the greatest start, but there is a reason why Queen Anne’s has been Madison’s #1 for several years. They were always available to answer my questions- and I had a lot. Always friendly and very organized. They provided excellent service at the event! The cake was very good- actually tasted like cake. The frosting was whipped cream with white chocolate. Very good! Reception Hall: Turner Hall, Madison, WI: A Alice and Amy are great! They are easy to get along with and all of their charges are up front. I didn’t run into any “hidden” charges. I saw a few reviews on Insider Pages saying that people were charged for random things, but everything I came across was up front. They do require that all linens, skirting, etc is rented from them. The caterer was able to skirt the buffet tables. The pricing for the linens were reasonable and they did have a nice choice of colors.

Re: Vendor Reviews- Madison Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea!  You are married!  Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SEM! How did everything go?! I dont remember seeing a recap form you on 09/09. I may need some pictures. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mac! Everything was great! I keep meaning to at least change my siggy pic, but haven't gotten there yet- maybe by the time you see this! We just got back from Aruba and I'm not ready to go back to reality yet :) How was YOUR day?
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good reviews! I'm sending these to my cousin in Madison who's getting married next year. Congrats on being married, you look beautiful!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. I've been considering using Juke Box Bandstand for my own wedding next June. Glad to hear that you had a great experience with them. And of course congrats on your wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards