Ohio-Northeast

Fall Friday wedding -- what to wear?

My FBIL is getting married this Friday. Ceremony (outside) and reception at a golf course. I'm debating on what to wear .... I've honestly never been to a wedding in the Fall, every one is in Spring or Summer! Plus, my the bride, my FSIL, mentioned to my fiance (not me....) that If I'd like too, its "okay with her" if I wear a pink dress since the bridesmaids are in pink. I'm confused!I have 3 dresses that I'm guessing could work: one is a blue-ish print with short cap-type sleeves, the other is a LBD, the other is silk navy blue, flutter neckline.Any suggestions?TIA! :-)

Re: Fall Friday wedding -- what to wear?

• edited December 2011
    Maybe she wants you to wear pink, but it is a little bit late for that!!!I would bring layers!! I went to a fall wedding once and it was 90 degrees!! But it could be uncomfortably cold if you have a little dress on with the wind blowing!!
  • klockercklockerc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My thought is that you can never go wrong with a little black dress at a wedding. That's what I tend to wear when I'm not quite sure how dressy the other guests are going to be or I don't have a more seasonal option.  Its always a classic and a classy look. The silk navy dress sounds really cute too though.
  • edited December 2011
    She probably only meant that if you already have a pink dress and were hoping to wear it, she would be okay with it and not feel like you were trying to add yourself to the wedding party.  Try to see it as her attempt to convey that she's not the type to get upset about what color a guest wears.  Or- maybe she's feeling bad that you're not in the wedding party and wants to include you, like a wedding party auxillary member ;)   Seriously, just bring layers and inexpensive heels- nothing like cleaning mud and grass stains off of something treasured.   Hope it's fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards