Chit Chat
Options

Short or Long Dress?

My wedding is in February, and although I know you can pretty much do whatever you like now days,,, I was wondering if I should choose full length dresses for the BMs or if tea length would look ok?  Mine is slim with a lot of pickups and i would like theirs to be more straight. Recommendations?

Re: Short or Long Dress?

• Options
    I think both are fine. As a bridesmaid, I'd probably prefer long in the winter since it might be cold outside. Plus, short could look too springy or summery sometimes.
  • Options
    Where is the wedding?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    As a bridesmaid I would prefer shorter. At least if it's short there is the possibility of using it again : )
  • Options
    Plus if yours is long and slim, and theirs are short and slim your dress will pop more.
  • Options
    I think it also depends on the formality of your event. If you going really formal I would do long. If not, you could do short dresses.
  • Options
    I've always preferred long dresses, as a bride and a bridesmaid. I think they look more elegant and it also gives the girls a little more freedom in choosing their shoes.  If you're into the matchy look, it doesn't matter because you can't see them! Also, some people are self-conscious about their legs or the way they walk, so it's one less thing for them to worry about. GL!
  • Options
    Stina - wedding is in Virginia Beach. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, still undecided. 
  • Options
    I think the best way to solve it is to get a couple of your bridesmaids together and just go look at dresses. Let them try them on and see what ones you are naturally drawn to. I think you'll find that once you start looking at dress styles a certain type will begin to pop out at you. You can do whatever length you want because it's your day! You can also see if there is a way for your MOH to try on dresses next to your wedding gown and see what really compliments it :) Hope that helps! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards