Maine

Whole sale flowers

I was looking in to buying my flowers wholesale and arranging them myself...it is so inexpensive..is any one else doing this. Other than the time consuming part...is there any other reasons why I shouldn't?

Re: Whole sale flowers

• mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im going to do it. We have a team ready to assemble them the day before. I've looked at alot of youtube videos to get ideas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing this for centerpieces, but I still haven't decided where I'm getting them from. I was thinking Sam's Club, but I'd love to find somewhere local to buy what I need.

The one thing I'm worried about is storing them. You don't want to get them too early, or they'll wilt, but they should be kept somewhere cool, and obviously in water. I'm trying to figure out where we'll be able to keep them all at our venue the day before the wedding, since we'll already be up there!

Where are you guys buying yours?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I was thinking of ordering them from 48longstem.com they have good prices. They had a booth at the portland bridal show...maybe sams club, but my wedding is over a year away so I haven't made any final desicions yet.

• edited December 2011

I want to, but i'm having a hard time thinking of a local seller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I found a few online, but I don't know anything about them. I might check them out, but the problem is they are far from where my wedding is, so I'm not sure logistically how I would get them, since it would probably have to be like the day before the wedding!

This one is in Camden, and has lots of dahlias:
    http://endlesssummerflowerfarm.com/

Buxton:
    http://www.littleriverflowerfarm.com/

Scarborough:
    http://www.hansonfield.com/
    Anniversary
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I herd on another board about someone not being very unhappy with fiftyflowers.com, their flowers came brown on the edges and they didnt get a full refund. They didnt read all the paperwork that said to document the flowers if they were unhappy with them and to call within so many hours. They used the best ones for the bouqets and didnt have good pictures of the bad ones and waited until after their honeymoon because they left from  their reception to. I think they got 40% back.

my advice--just be careful, I havn't herd anything bad about any other wholesale flower companies
  • edited December 2011
    There is Bennett Wholesale Florist in Bangor and Hermon for any central maine knotties who are looking.

[email protected]

207-942-6171

• edited December 2011
    It has become a tradition in my family for the bridesmaids to put together their own bouquets before the wedding, and the bride does her's too.  It has been fun, and very personal!  We have gotten flowers from Sam's that were lovely, but this year I think we are going through a local florist.  We simply talked with the owner and she is doing a special order for us.  Many local places can do this.  The key for us keeping the price down was choosing things that were in season, and large blooms that we only need a few of per arrangement.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to get wholesale flowers through my florist, but she was charged $4 a stem for gerbera daisies! I thought those were supposed to be pretty cheap too. Sam's sells 100 of them for $80. I just couldn't justify spending $4 per flower. But it's good that you found a local florist to work with!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I bought wholesale flowers for our cake and they came two days before the wedding and they were gorgeous.  I think the cake flowers looked better than my bouquet.  I think we used growers box if I remember correctly.  Very happy with them and the prices.  
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So vendors aren't allowed to post on here, and dragging up all these old posts that are over a year old is kind of lame!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards