Wisconsin

best time for outdoor wedding

My finance and I want to have an outdoor ceremony at the botanical gardens in Janesville with the reception at the armory 2013. Any feedback? Also the date that works foe the armory is July 6 otherwise we wait till September for cooler wedding. Any thoughts on an outdoor July wedding?

Re: best time for outdoor wedding

• We are getting married outdoors in Madison on August 18 of this year.  I'm nervous about it being too warm then.  I would personally wait until September for the potential of cooler weather.  Then again, with the crazy weather Wisconsin has had so far this year (80 degrees in mid-March), there are really no guarantees!
  • To be honest, I wouldn't appreciate attending an outdoor wedding in July.  Chances are it is going to be super hot and everyone is going to sweat through their clothes.  I'm not paying for a fancy dress, professional hair, and professional makeup just for it to turn into a hot, sticky mess.  I feel the same way about getting all dressed up to attend an outdoor wedding in hot weather.

Personally I'd never plan an outdoor wedding regardless of the day - too many variables for me, and I'm not just talking about rain.  Wind, bugs, fog, humidity, soggy ground, etc.  That being said, I would wait until the end of September or early October if you have your heart set on it.  Plus, July 6 is technically a holiday weekend so you might have a lot of guests that make plans for that weekend.  Just a thought!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're having our ceremony/reception at the botanical gardens you're talking about, and we chose June 15th as it is between both of our birthdays (June birthdays yay!). I'm hoping it won't be too terribly hot out but we're not going to be long-winded and sit out there for an hour anyhow. We're hoping for a short ceremony and then immediate reception in the building where there's A/C. Mid-July seems hot but if you look at last year, September was pretty hot, too, if I remember correctly. If it went by relatively quickly and I wasn't sitting out for an hour +, I would not have any issues about attending a July wedding, though, as long as guests weren't expected or required to wear formal attire (tuxes/long dresses/what have you).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards