Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Nantucket Wedding

Hello All!
I'm planning to get married July 2014 in Nantucket. But I live in Texas. I'm also on a budget. Is this dream of mine even possible? Anybody out there have any tips for affordable vendors, do's and don'ts, wedding planners. Looking to get started! Thanx to all that apply!

Re: Nantucket Wedding

• Options
    It's doable, but not easy.  If you are on a budget, are your guests, as well?  Hotels on Nantucket are extremely pricey, and unless they're taking the steamship authority from Falmouth, getting there isn't cheap either.
    Also, just in case you weren't aware, trying to bring a car on Nantucket is very expensive and quite a headache, so you might have to either look into a shuttle or make things as accessible to the ferry as possible.
    Your best bet for low key might be trying to rent a house and doing things there - just keep in mind situations to plan for with that, such as tents and extra restroom accommodations.

Some other thoughts would be to take a look at Martha's Vineyard (guests would still have to pay a bit to get their cars over, but it's much easier) where there are many more hotel options at various price-points, or to look at a town on the Cape like Chatham, which is very Nantucket-y, but much easier to manage.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Nantucket is probably the farthest thing from the word budget. It can be done maybe if you can get married off-season or have a smaller destination wedding with only close friends and family. HTH!
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards