African American Weddings

Bridal Entrance Song Suggestions

Hey Ladies,

Can anyone give me some suggestions for my entrance into the church? I'm having a hard time trying to find some good songs. It can be either gospel or R&B, it really is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Re: Bridal Entrance Song Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I'm still debating myself, but my possible choices so far is "All my tomorrows" by Kenny Lattimore, or "Because you loved" me by Celine Dion, or" I found you" by BeBe and CeCe Winans. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I used "The One He Kept For Me" by Maurette Brown Clark.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-entrance-song-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:14a1af79-0942-43c7-813c-4520ffae3063Post:e37c4210-742b-4bcd-839b-ab68ae3ccd97">Re: Bridal Entrance Song Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used "The One He Kept For Me" by Maurette Brown Clark.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

This is a very beautiful song!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • mssunshine796mssunshine796 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much! I'm going to listen to those suggestions right now!!
  • edited December 2011
    I just recently decided on "Kissing You" by. Des'ree its on the Romeo + Juliet movie soundtrack.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

All I ever wanted-Mariah Carey

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hired violinists for our ceremony and I walked down to Rapture by Anita Baker.  It sounds so cool played by violinists.
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-entrance-song-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:14a1af79-0942-43c7-813c-4520ffae3063Post:98cb580b-aa7f-4604-bf3c-05b3f497cde3">Re: Bridal Entrance Song Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We hired violinists for our ceremony and I walked down to Rapture by Anita Baker.  It sounds so cool played by violinists.
    Posted by tamtam7[/QUOTE]

That sounds amazing!  I am having a violin/viola duo at our cocktail hour and I was trying to think of songs for them to play.  I think you mentioned "Human Nature" before too - which I put on my list.  But now I'll add Rapture to it as well!

By the way, my bridesmaids/groomsmen are walking down the aisle to "I Believe In You and Me" by Whitney Houston.  I am walking down to the traditional wedding march.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to walk in to "I'm Gonna Make You My Wife"  I don't know who it is by.  We also thought of "You" by Jessie Powell.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am between "The one he kept for me" Maurette Brown Clark and "I want to give you more" - Jmoss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    "After all is said and done" - Beyonce and someone, Love is you - crissette michelle
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Case- Happily Ever After
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked to Bach's Arioso in G. I had a harpist, two violinists, and a piano play the piece.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to  "You For Me" by Johnny Gill
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I walked to forever by Jaheim.....love that song
  • mjjlaw2001mjjlaw2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to walk down the aisle to "No Greater Love" by Fred Hammond but the church I used had rules and we had to use their musicians and their music so I actually do not know the name of the song that I came in on LOL.  Its all good it was a beautiful song anyway.  But this is the song I would have chosen. :)
  • edited December 2011
    you raise me up by josh groban is amazing !!!!
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't decided but some of the songs that are up for consideration are:
    Ready for Love - India Aire, I Found You - Bebe & CeCe Winans, Make Me Whole - Amel Larrieux?, Star - Corinne Bailey Rae, He Loves Me - Jill Scott
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards