Outdoor Weddings

Finding a great wedding outdoor venue?

Hi! So, I am recently engaged and I have just started planning my wedding. So far I know that I want an outdoor wedding in the north or middle part of Georgia, but I have been having a hard time finding a venue that is both pretty AND affordable. Anyone have any ideas? It seems like every time I find a place I like the fees are way above my price range!

Re: Finding a great wedding outdoor venue?

• My suggestion: A park or a campground but your area board my have some more suggestions...I am all the way in Houston, Tx
  • You may find better advice and help on your local board. GL!
  • Hey;I am not familiar with your area, but I was just having that problem too...The resorts in the area are gorgeous, but for a wedding as small as mine, the required catering minimums are just way too expensive.then my friend helped me track down bed & breakfasts in the area.  Turns out there are a LOT, and many of them are really pretty.  The benefit seems to be that they are more willing to work with you, rather than charge you a set fee, with a huge service charge, etc. Plus, many aren't as picky about what you can and cannot bring in, etc.  My favorite thing is that the ENTIRE facility is yours for the day, rather than a park or hotel, where you're only renting a specific area, for a limited amount of time.I started at yellowpages.com looking for bed and breakfasts.Hope that helpsJen 
  • The Marshall House in Savannah has a gorgeous Atrium Room that makes you feel like you're outdoors when you're not. We considered getting married there, but opted to do the ceremony at the gazebo in Whitefield Square. Savannah is gorgeous and you shouldn't have any trouble finding an outdoor venue that doesn't cost a small fortune. I want to say it's only $250 to rent one of the squares.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards