Connecticut
Options

Martini Bar or Cigar Bar

What's your opinion about a martini bar?  Im getting married at Cascade and they have some cool options like a martini bar and a cigar bar.  If you had to choose one, which would it be?  I love martinis, but Rosa from Cascade said that no matter what all martinis will be served at the main bar so a seprate bar isnt neccessary.  But i like the ice sculpture luce that the martini pours thru.  and my fiance and his friends would rather have a beer or johnie walker with a cigar out by the waterfall patio.  I wish i could afford both.  So if u had to choose, which would it be?

Re: Martini Bar or Cigar Bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.. I'd go with the martini bar just because I think more people would use that than a cigar bar.  That might just be my crowd, but there would only be a few that would want to go smoke a cigar outside away from the party.  Plus you have everyone smelling like it after.  Are there a lot of smokers coming?  Are you okay with smooching your honey all night with his cigar breath?  If you are, then that's fine.  It's really personal preference.  I'd probably choose whichever option I think more of my guests would use.  Do they do an ice luge for the martini bar?  It might look pretty cool to have that.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a cigar bar, but at our wedding this past weekend bought a couple boxes of cigars and put them at the bar with a couple cutters and a bunch of match books and everyone LOVED it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what dpantaleoni said.I am 100% for the martini bar. I am a martini addict though so I am bias, BUT you can customize the martini bar so much more to your wedding than you could with a cigar bar. ie:Signature Martinis in your wedding colorsSignature martinis in a flavor of the season of your wedding (fall: pumpkin etc.)Signature drinks you can name after you and hubbyPLUS it would be eye appealing to guest and I am sure your photographer can get creative with it as well. IMO - I vote martini Bar
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also having my wedding at Cascade, and I love both ideas! I think we're probably going to just stick with one or two signature drinks though, instead of doing a complete separate spot. My father really really wants to have cigars, and I guess if he is paying, he gets what he wants haha. We have a lot of my parents friends coming, and I know they will all make TONS of use of a cigar bar, and I dont have to worry about FI because he doesnt smoke...not even if its a celebratory cigar. I havent really looked into it much though, do they actually have a cigar bar type package where they do a whole bunch of stuff? we were just thinking of having specialty cigars made and putting them at the bar.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My personal vote would be martini bar but it really depends on what your guests are most likely to enjoy.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say martini bar too, but I think more of our friends/family would like it and I wouldn't want to encourage people to leave the party to go smoke. What do you think your guests would like?
  • Options
    jethani11jethani11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies.  i'm still not sure though.  I really love the martini bar, but a signature martini at the main bar is a good idea too.  Much cheaper since i dont have to buy a ice luce.  And as far as the cigar bar goes it sounds cool.  They have a cigar roller whos Dominican i guess come all dresses the part and rolls the cigars for the guests and they even give the left over to the groomsmen as a gift.  Our problem is that we were talking about the wedding this weekend with our friends and they loved the idea.  But i worry about kissing my fiance and tasting cigar and all the guys out by the waterfall instead of dancing.  This is soo frustrating.  maybe the guys should just pay for my cigar bar as a wedding gift so i could have my martini bar. hehe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the same page as REL.  If you do the cigar bar, people have to leave the party to enjoy them. 
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • Options
    malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vote would also be for a martini bar but we toyed with the idea of having a cigar bar. We had our reception at Woodwinds && when I mentioned the cigar bar to them they actually brought up some things I would of never thought of.... our main reason for not having it was because of the cigar smell. If they're rolling them in the main entrance/where the bar is then the entire room will have that lingering cigar smell. Cigars personally don't bother me but I know I can't speak for all my guests soo that alone was the reason we opted not to have it. Instead we bought a variety of different pre-rolled cigars and placed them on a table near the patio along with a couple cutters and matches. This way the guys were still able to enjoy their cigars && the women/non cigar smokers weren't bothered by that fresh rolled smell.
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm going to vote martini bar, too. i know guys love cigars...but how are their female counterparts going to feel about it? personally, i hate it when DH smokes cigars, but b/c i know he loves them so he gets to do it now & then lol. you're going to have people who love, but also people who hate, the cigar bar...i just think overall more people would use or at least not mind a martini bar.
  • Options
    jethani11jethani11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, Thanks for all the help. Ive decided to do my martini bar.  And if my fiane still wants the cigars we could have them out out on the patio, but boxed with cutters. 
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yay for Cascades Brides!! I am one! I loved both of these ideas when we were booking! Personally I would go with the martini bar & buy boxes of cigars (like Malis & others have said) and place them on the bar! But I do love Martinis! Where do they do the Cigar bar there? Why am I thinking outside if it is nice out?!?! I think I remember hearing that! GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    curiousfoolcuriousfool member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say martini bar.I really can't breath around smoke of any sort- so a cigar bar in a venue would drive me right outside.  Plus, I wouldn't want cigar smoke leeching into my gown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty much the worlds happiest wedding guest when I walk intro a wedding and spot a martini bar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I so want a martini bar our photographer has some amazing pics with the martini pouring out of the ice. I need one of those lOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Martini Bar!! Well..I'm bias bc I'm having one for my reception =). I think most of your guests will probably like it more unless you have a lot of cigar aficionados.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    personally I would do cigar. You dont see that done alot. Plus anyone can really go to the bar and get a martini ya know? My vote is for cigar bar!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CTDevaCTDeva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also a Casacade bride and Rosa recommended the cigar bar as well.  If I'm not mistaken, she said the cigar bar/maker would be outside during desserts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards