Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

under eye bags

Has anyone found a good consealer yet for dark under eye bags?  I tried getting a MAC makeup person to do it and they still couldn't cover them that well.

Re: under eye bags

• The best concealer I've found is Double Dear by Estee Lauder.  It's a little pricey but I am a medical student and it stays on throughout my 24 hour shifts and keeps me from looking like a zombie.  I think it's a miracle-worker!  I recommend you going to a dept store and trying it out for a day to see if you like it.  They advertise that it lasts for 15 hours but I swear it lasts longer! 
  • Yup, typo on my part.  Sorry about that!
  • For 3 days leading up to your wedding, and on wedding day, place caffeinated tea bags in a bowl of water with ice cubes, make sure it is nice and cold and place on your eyes for 10 minutes each morning. It totally works. My makeup artist told me to do this because I had some serious bags before the wedding.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "You knew me before I was born, and all the days of my life were ordained for me before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16
  • i love the prescriptives line for anything having to do with the face (foundations, concealers, etc). the concealer i use from this line is in a small silver compact. i like it b/c it goes on with enough moisture to make it blendable, yet it doesn't sink into the lines and creases around your eyes.if your under eye circles are SUPER bad, i have heard of girls dabbing preparation h (the hemorrhoid ointment) under their eyes to help...another product that could be good for you is Makeup Forever's "Camouflage palette" (you can find at sephora). It offers a range of colors in one compact for custom mixing and blending. It also has either a green or purple pigment as well to help mask the color of the undereye shadows in your skin. You will need one of the salespeople to help you figure out what color your circles are and what color will be best to mask it (purple vs green).GL - and HTH! :-)
  • also- i forgot to tell you about 2 other products that are way more opaque, but if your circles are bad you might need a formula that has more coverage.dermablend is fantastic and fairly waterproof (found at departmt stores)- mainy ppl use it to cover tattoos, so the coverage can't be beat.also, the judith august line is known for having excellent coverage. i think there is a product called "killer cover" that you can get at beauty.com- again, it has 6 colors in one palette for customizing to your skin tone.
  • I was going to advise that tea bag trick too, only specifically green tea. If you don't like drinking green tea, you could also use it for a facial scrub.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPhDkXCg3j8
  • hemorrhoid creamtea bagsstick cold spoons in the freezer overnight then put them on your eyes for 15 minuteseye gel kept in the fridgeall of these should reduce the size of your undereye bags.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • This is all GREAT advice! I'm going to try some of these out and see which one works best!!!Here are some other home remedies that I've heard of besides those listed above: • Drinking good amounts of water• Apply cucumber slices or freezed cucumber juice to eyes • Almond oil. Massage the area with the oil at night before going to bed. • Application of cream with vitamin E and C
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards