Colorado-Denver
Options

**lap256 (Leigh)**

I didn't want to threadjack the Ft. Collins photography post below... Do you think if you HAD told Chris to take all those details pictures that he would have? This is a MUST for me because I have slaved over a lot of DIY projects and personal things that I really want captured. I sent him examples of my "must take" pictures (which included these types of detail shots) and he said that they're all pretty standard. Um....if they're standard, why didn't he take them at your wedding?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **lap256 (Leigh)**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Fran,I think it was less an issue of telling him, and more an issue of our timing. We had access to our venue at 4, and reception started at 5. I had Chris with us taking prep pictures, portraits etc. from 4:00 - 5:30, so he didn't really have a lot of time to capture my details. I would have loved a picture of my menu cards that I worked *forever* on, but every single one was placed under a dish, and I didn't give him time to get into the hall before people were sitting at their seats. Same with namecards. If you want details, definitely give him access to your venue before guests arrive!If I was thinking, I would have made a little packet of all my paper stuff - my program, menu card, invitation, etc. He took our rings & my bouquet and did some great details with those during dinner, but he simply didn't have what he needed to do those cute ring-on-top-of-the-invitation kind of pictures. I also mentioned that my #1 priority for pictures was getting people pictures. He got wonderful candids of our families and friends, and those are the pictures I love the most. I think if you're clear that you work hard on your DIY projects, and provide a way for him to take them, then it'll be fine.
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  It's funny that you mentioned setting aside an invitation, program, etc....I had just done that before I read your post!  I don't think our timeline will be as tight as yours was, so I hope we'll be ok.  Thanks!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards