Colorado-Denver
Options

Steamboat Springs

Does anyone know of good venues in Steamboat Springs? We would love the ceremony in a field location with a reception location nearby. Thanks!

Re: Steamboat Springs

• Options
    A.M.FA.M.F member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!My FI and I grew up in Steamboat and will be getting married there on July 17, 2010. We will be getting married on top of Mount Werner...gondola ride up for our guests and all. The ceremony will be on the lawn overlooking mid and upper mountain. Cocktail hour on the third floor deck of Thunderhead Lodge and reception on the entire third floor of Thunderhead Lodge. More info at steamboat.comThere are many other options for you though. Specificaly you asked for a field. I have a great location in mind for you -- Saddleback Ranch. The ceremony takes place in a field and reception in outdoor tent or the Silver Dollar Lodge. My FI's Aunt and Uncle actually own and operate it with their children (his cousins). I don't know if you watched E!'s Filthy Rich Cattle Drive a couple of years ago but it was the ranch featured (one of the Kardashian's was on the show if that helps ring a bell). It is about 10 minutes outside of town. It can be more western or less western... but it is a working ranch, just fyi! More info at saddlebackranch.net.Another great place with a field option is Catamount Lake. It is at the base of Rabbit Ears Pass as you enter Steamboat. It has views of the whole valley. There are a few lodges that you can choose from. You can get married near the lake or closer to the golf course. Its also fantastic! ...there is a field option too! More info at catamountranchclub.com. Those are three main ones that fit your criteria. But please page me if you want anymore help... like I said, we grew up there so you'll get a lot of help and advice if you ask a local :)...Good luck and congrats!P.S. ...sorry about the post going all link-crazy...I don't know what happened!
  • Options
    erikastort1erikastort1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thank you so much. So, now that you mentioned the top of a mountain...that sounds wonderful. Are any of those options really cost effective more than others?? We are really on a budget. We love Steamboat and jealous you got to grow up there :)
  • Options
    A.M.FA.M.F member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of the three I mentioned, the least expensive would be Saddleback Ranch. I'd be more than happy to let you know more about the top of the mountain if you'd like... just let me know. There are many more places to get married in Steamboat... you can google wedding venues in Steamboat and many will come up... not all of them have websites though so a visit would be best.Where do you live in Colorado?Some other places are:Bella Vista -- but you have to be prepared to have a certain amount of your guests stay at the resort... and for a certain number of days; located on Rabit Ears PassDutch Creek Ranch -- located thirty minutes from townThe Home Ranch -- located twenty five minutes from town...you can get married on top of the mountain and have your reception at one of the resorts at the base of the mountain...The Botanic Gardens -- located on the Yampa RiverCottownwood Grill (smaller weddings) -- located on the Yampa River ...seriously let me know if you need anything, I'm happy to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards