New York-Hudson Valley

Vendors in the Poughkeepsie area

Hi ladies!!
I am considering Anthony's Pier 9 as a possible venue for my wedding. Any recommendations from Pier 9 brides and suggestions for vendors in the New Windsor/Poughkeepsie area?
Did anyone have a ceremony in the north or south outdoor garden  in August at Pier 9 and if so, how was your experience?
Any recommendations on vendors in the area -

DJ
Photography
Videography
Hair stylist
Make-up artist
Florist
Airlines that may provide discounts to out of town guests

Looking forward to your input and merry christmas to everyone!

Re: Vendors in the Poughkeepsie area

• edited December 2011
    Anthony's Pier Nine owners also own the Pougghkeepsie Grand (and other venues)

I checked AP9 website, and nothing's listed but the Pok Grand site has recommendations:

http://www.pokgrand.com/weddings_and_banquets/

If you are able to get to the area, Pok Grand does a bridal show in early January and Anthony's Pier 9 has one on Superbowl Sunday.

We had our reception at Putnam National golf club in Mahopac, but IO looked at Pok Grand. A lot of vendors we used have tables at their bridal show. And have been to anthony'[s beforwe.

We used:
    DJ - DJ Bri Swatek
    Photography - Majestic Studios
    Videography - Majestic Studios
    Hair stylist - went to Dana Cole Hair Salon in Mohegan Lake
    Make-up artist - went to Dana Cole Hair Salon in Mohegan Lake
    Florist - The Florist boutique in Mahopac for bouquets / Stop and Shop Somers for centerpieces
    Limo - Settembre Limo
    Airlines - you will have to contact an airline company, might be able to get a deal if you have a large amount of out of town guests who are travel from the same area / or different areas on the same day

Good Luck! Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    DJ - Gary Whittaker - Strictly Entertainment DJs
    Photography - Bedinotti Photo
    Make-up artist -  Merle Norman in Vails Gate
    Florist - Lucille Florist of Fishkill

We did our pics on the garden room.  I  love AP9.  They really know how to put on a party.   I've been to a ton of things there. We didn't have our reception there because there was no close hotel but now they have the package with the hotel in Newburgh which is awesome. 

Definitely hit their winter Bridal show.  All the vendors will be there.
  • timelady77timelady77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I strongly suggest Toad Lily at the Burgevin in Kingston. They're flowers are outstanding, creative and the owners are very willing to work with a budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards